Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone any experience with this? (Read 4027 times)
Jeff Bone

Has anyone any experience with this?
Apr 8th, 2005 at 2:01am

I am seeing remnants or flashbacks all during my computing period about every 1/2 hour or so, the little blue flagw/stripes and a smaller 'windows" flag  on it as if "flapping" in some wind , and with the words:
"please wait" inscribed upon it...for a flash of oh, say
half-a-second or so, if I am not watching I would miss it, there's no noise associated with it.. (so far)
But everybody knows what the icon looks like cuz everybody has at some time tried to adjust the windows "display" font size  small, medium or large letters are available... but if i had known it would continue to haunt me forever I suppose i could  just  comprimise  to use my system with my face at least no less than 2 feet away from the screen so my nearsighted ass can read SOME  of the text at least..
  But, I had actually hoped to use my wireless mouse and keyboards but i could not EVEN read the letters

there is some other problem making me crazy but I am forgetting in my ability to at least describe this one adequately(hopefully)..just what that other issue was.. but i will get that on here too in a separate post perhaps is best anyway

condensed version

"after making resolution or actually it was specifically a text size-adjustment, my system now repeats the operation( or the visual representation) as if I had assigned it to perform like a programmed thing" but over and over again randomly

very annoying ...
for  a mere"start"
at describing the inconvenience here.

ps

I remembered.. I can be very short and to the point

my mouse causes static sounds in m music application(audio)
I had  been using a wireless, usb mouse so of course i eliminated those..
but guess what  it is some improvement but no real silence, even with an optical wired mouse in the serial network or the non usb one anyway

anyone got any ideas?

thanks very kindly friends 

Hi Night Owl hope your doin good

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Re: Has anyone any experience with this?
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2005 at 5:24pm

Jeff Bone

I am very well, thankyou.

Looks like no one has similar experiences...but I'll take a stab at it.

Quote:
about every 1/2 hour or so, the little blue flagw/stripes and a smaller 'windows" flag  on it as if "flapping" in some wind , and with the words:  "please wait" inscribed upon it...for a flash of oh, say half-a-second or so,

Based on your description, I'm guessing that your having set a non-standard display font size is causing Windows to have to do some extra computations to render your display.  So it's using up extra CPU cycles--and if the CPU is already under load with other duties, then you're seeing the momentary flash of the system saying it's not keeping up and you will have to wait for a moment until it has time to do the task.

If this is the case, you might get rid of the problem by reducing other back ground services or programs that are running if they are not necessary.  Or, possibly using one of the standard display font sizes may cause less CPU useage.  Or, maybe you will have to consider a CPU upgrade with more horsepower   Cheesy .

Quote:
my mouse causes static sounds in m music application(audio)

I've read elsewhere about this problem.  Seems to be fairly random--effects some, but not necessarily others.  But it seems to be usually older SoundBlaster sound cards, and older SoundBlaster software drivers.

It also can be related to plug-n-play PCI IRQ sharing of interrupts by hardware (sound card, mouse, video card, NIC Cards,etc.) that do not fully adhear to the PCI standards.

I've seen suggestions from updating various hardware drivers, depending on your OS--not loading old DOS support for SoundBlaster compatibility when your system boots, changing which PCI slot you use for different hardware, forcing the BIOS and/or Windows to assign specific IRQ's to the sound card that is not shared with other PCI cards, and tossing out the current sound card for a different brand or newer model.

Hope that may help.  You might try a Google search on your particular motherboard and sound card to see if you find others with a similar problem and if there are recommended solutions.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Jeff Bone

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 3:43am

I only put my name  because i keep losing my logged in status with each page change
I am not losin it!!!!
thank you N.O. you are a true gentleman and with an accent on the "true bentleman" part. it really sux that i had to become  technically "old" to  see how rude young people CANNOT help but be.
  "Well, I wasn't tryin to be ugly"

I think to myself "Oh and usually that stops it from occuring?" I know I never could   NOT be something unless I actively  tried not to be that way....

could you tell from your seat there, whether or not there is,like, a little piece of wood or something, like, on my shoulder?    i sometimes get to wondering and   I bet you would be honest with me...
anyway here is the post i madeup in notepad   with the intention of pasting it in several forums
well i typed a half hour and hit post and it said (already logged in but only once)  it said i had to put my name and so I lost all that post
i (do not )give up!!

My DAW I built is currently out of commision since I opted to use the Evercool
wc-201 "watercooler"..which as it turns out, needs a fresh pump about every 100 hours or so.
So I am using my older DAW, as backup, and which seems to be far more stable than my "monster" pc DAW I built and chose the incorrect cooling solution as my biggest learning experience/mistake.
I apologize for giving so much redundant info but I can't seem to help it.
Anyway I do plan to use both pc's when I can afford another monitor to then have two completely independent pc's or DAW's
I have only one monitor I "share" between the two
But myMouse is static noisy
I replaced the wireless usb mouse with a non usb wired mouse and that helped but still I got mouse movements causeing static I can hear in my music application.
Perhaps I gave all that data because my AArdvark sound card in the new system never had a problem with nisy mouse wireless or not, usb or not.
The soundcard in my older system is TascamUS224 which is also a good soundcard and does have some features that my twicw-as costly Aard doesn't, that I do like, and I do plan to eventually learn how the best way to unite the two in my best way possible.
But first I hope I can eradicate this static caused by the use of my mouse while my audio is playing.
It seldom makes its way into my recorde audio, but the distraction is horrible
I know i must not be the only one who has had this problem.

unless the optical characteristics of an optical mouse could be my culprit, I have no clue as to what could be causing my mouse movements to cause static noises audible in my audio
Are "optical" mice notoriously noisy?

thanks N.O.

IP Logged

julie
N00b

Ireland

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2005 at 7:48am

hi, maybe it is the optical mouse , i do recall reading somewhere, that optical mice and audio do not coexist well, and that there should be a minimum distance , between monitor mouse speakers, longshot,  but worth a try what if u unplug your speakers from  the sound card , and if you have the ability to  record"what you hear" via your sound card  ,FEKS. you play an mp3 that is clear and select the record option what you hear  this may help in elimnating problems of feedback, and interferance etc., another notorious cause of this this is where speakers have the headphone and mic jacks very close or even if they are ill fitting , a process of elimination ? i propose starting with the record what you hear option,  J.T.

RE.your video card issue perhaps u have adjusted the monitor screen refresh rate, maybe it  needs lowering i would try 60 Hertz and work up after reboots,before this i would return the font size to it original size status, this way you would be cross eliminating hope You find this useful .J.T

The best in yourself may bring out good in others.

IP Logged

Raydog

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 12:19am

Smiley Hi, regarding the static-mouse-speaker-syndrome; in my opinion Red Alert. I had similar, the static charges went into my disks, damaged .psd files. All those disks died prematurely. I sprayed the carpet in my studio w/ fabric softner. Yes, fabric softner...straight up. The problem w/ static vanished after a few treatments. Some guys at a local computer store said this is what they do their carpets.

My machine also reacted to USB flashdrives in a weird way, same reason; tons of electricity in the air. Now I use a UPS, a bomber PSU and...FABRIC SOFTNER.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print