Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Burning Images(s) To DVDR in Nero (Read 4203 times)
rodan

Burning Images(s) To DVDR in Nero
May 1st, 2005 at 5:16pm

I used ghost to create image(s) ( made five of them ), and they are on my secondary harddrive in my system. I now want to burn these images, using Nero Burning Rom, ver. 6.3.1.15, onto three or four DVDR's, making the first one bootable.
I succeeded in burning the first two images onto the first DVDR, with bootable ghost, but, I'm having trouble buring the remaining three images.
I started this project using "multisession".  Am I doing this correctly? Or, maybe my version of Nero doesn't support this?
Any links or help appreciated.

IP Logged

Chompers

Re: Burning Images(s) To DVDR in Nero
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2005 at 5:27pm

What error messages are you getting?

How big are you images?

Did you close the first DVD? Can you boot from it? Is all fine there?

Do you have 5 images? Or 1 images with 5 parts?

IP Logged

rodan

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2005 at 5:40pm

Quote:
What error messages are you getting?

How big are you images?

Did you close the first DVD? Can you boot from it? Is all fine there?

Do you have 5 images? Or 1 images with 5 parts?

The error message I was getting in Nero, while trying to burn the second DVDR, trying to put two images on it, prompted me to reinsert the first multisession DVDR, which I did, but, when I did, it naturally could not write to it, not enough space.  That is close to what error said.

Four of the images are 2GB, the fifth is smaller.

I guess I did "close the DVD", on the first burn. That is why I think I didn't use the multisession correctly. I didn't try to boot from it, yet, but, I did examine it's contents, it has ghost.exe on it, along with drivers to make DVD work, and, the first two images.

When I created image with ghost, it placed five *.gho files on my secondary harddive, all with the same icons. I thought this would be "five images". Maybe I'm wrong. Could I have one image, with five parts?  This might help: The first of the five is called " Ghost image file". the next four are called " ghost spanned image file". 

IP Logged

rodan

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2005 at 5:55pm

Here is some more information:  The first of the five is has a "GHO" file extension. The other four have "GHS".  I thought I have five "images". Maybe I have one image, and four "spanned images"?

IP Logged

rodan

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2005 at 6:42pm

I finally figured out how to get the next two .GHS images on the second DVDR in Nero. I will have three DVDR's total. Will test the "restore" of these to new harddrive and post my results.

IP Logged

rodan

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2005 at 11:40pm

Ok, I got the Nero images I burned on three dvdrs to "restore" on a new harddrive.  The first one didn't boot, though, but, that was really no problem since I had a "bootable ghost CD" anyway. I just started with it, then, opened ghost, and restored the image. It prompted me when it was time to change a dvd. I was able to put two images on each dvd. 

I can now see why it would be better to keep large files off the partition where Windows resides.  It took a long time to restore from the DVDs, almost two hours. But, it worked Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print