Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi its me Chuckychez - Sucess (Read 3438 times)
chuckychez
Ex Member

Hi its me Chuckychez - Sucess
Jun 27th, 2005 at 6:41pm

Hi Brian and Night Owl you may be intrested to know that I gave it a shot today and I did it
I got it to work I fixed it or rather ghost 9x fixed itself ,
I figured before I go into clean boot/ safe mode and get into the registry which I don't know beans about 
  And all that dangerous stuff  which is way over my head and which can cause me to have to reformat my whole hardrive  If I screw it up I figured   I would try to install  it again and see what happens with the critical errore message and the catatrophic failure deal
and nothing happened it was ok , nothing bad happened at all
and I ghost Imaged my C drive and I put stuff on the F partition and made an image of it and then deleted it and I got ghost to put the image back on the F partition
You can't restore C in windows it must be restored in dos but you can restore any partition in windows mode but  just make sure stuff running in the background like anti virus or anti spy stuff or goggle desktop search is exited and it will be fine .
Thats the reason I could not restore the F drive in windows before ...

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Hi its me Chuckychez - Sucess
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:39pm

That's good Chucky. Let's hope it stays fixed.

Don't worry about reformatting. You have two images now, reformatting won't be needed. So if you do need to edit your registry and you make a huge mess, which you won't, then restoring one of those images will have your computer fixed in 10 minutes.

IP Logged

chuckychez
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:51pm

Brian , I don't see no reason it should not stay fixed
apparenly that componet attached itself to the rest of the files and went into the registry  this time and the last few times it did not install itself in the registry with the rest of the files
is the only way I figure it
As far as reformating that was the last thing I planned to do with ghost not functioning.... it means deleting everything and reinstalling everything from scratch manually
( I would rather have a double root canal on my teeth then do that )
Of course now that ghost is working ok
I am not worried about reformating some time down the line If I wanted to now but not before that was a definite no no .

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:58pm

Even if Ghost 9 was not working properly in Windows due to the Com3 problem it would still work properly from your Recovery Environment CD. The CD doesn't need to use the Windows registry. So images could still be restored.

You don't even need Ghost 9 to be installed on your HD to restore an image.

IP Logged

chuckychez
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 8:25pm

Hi Brian
Oh ok !   I did not know that ..
I just learned something new again about Ghost 9 x 
Thank You Brian thats valuable information to know about

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print