Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multicast boot cd (Read 2251 times)
tebear

Multicast boot cd
Jul 19th, 2005 at 1:34am

I am using Ghost 8.0 setting up a ghostcast server.  i made the floppies and they work, I then used Nero to make a bootable cd and copied the contents of both disks to the cd.  Cd boot then when goes to load the network drivers I get a truncating error.  Any Ideas

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Re: Multicast boot cd
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 12:32am

tebear

Sounds like you have a two floppy boot disk set--correct?

1.  If you want both put into the boot sector of a CD, you will have to create a boot image file that is 2.88 MB in size.

You can use WinImage to accomplish that.

See here for basic information on using WinImage:

Creating Bootable CD/DVD's Without A:\Floppy Drive

2.  You then have to change Nero's default 1.44 MB floppy disk emulation to 2.88 MB floppy emulation as part of the burning process for a bootable CD.

3.  Depending on the info in your *config.sys* and *autoexec.bat* files, you may have to modify them to correctly boot, having put disk 1 and disk 2 into the same boot image file.

If you put the content of both floppies into a single non-standard size 2.88 MB boot image, you will loose the ability to use the CD to create subsequent bootable CD's or DVD's using Ghost directly, because Ghost only recognizes and creates the standard 1.44 MB boot image on CD's or DVD's.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print