Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Katrina survivors who need help - contact me (Read 1729 times)
Scott Peach

Katrina survivors who need help - contact me
Sep 14th, 2005 at 1:22pm

Anybody who needs supplies and is having trouble getting them, you are welcome to email me directly at scott.peach(-at-)lepengineering.com.  I live in Mobile and will personally bring to you the supplies you need.  Stores here are 95% back to normal and it shouldn’t impossible to get just about anything.

Honestly, it is hard to figure out what the hell is going on though.  I have friends all over the coast, but all are safe.  Most left, and are staying here & elsewhere.  The news is for crap.  I am no sure what’s real, what’s not.  It is so depressing; I've practically tuned out the news about the aftermath just for sanity.

A buddy of mine and I were taking an RV & trailer and just going over there with the weekend after with as much stuff as we could carry, and ALL of our law enforcement friends did everything they could to convince us that this was a BAD idea.  Let the professionals do it.

So, we here in Mobile are doing a lot, food drives, blood drives, Red Cross drives, etc., you name it somebody's doing it. We’re collecting names of people who need places to stay and finding them extra rooms, rental houses, etc.  Some kids at our church came up with a board game drive idea "Board Games for Bored Kids". I thought that was great.  But I wonder, is it making it to the people who need it?

I read in this forum about “5 miles might as well be 500 miles” and it makes complete sense.  It wouldn’t surprise me if so much of the donated supplies we’re sending, wasn’t even making it to the people who need it the most.  It just may only be grassroots to reach the real masses out there.  Maybe the professionals aren’t getting it done.  We’re not getting it done.  Dropping cans off at the food drive and giving a few hundred bucks to Red Cross isn't enough.

So there you go.  How can I go golfing Saturday when I'm reading about brethren keeping their shotguns at hand out of necessity?

Just let me know.  Contact me contact me and we'll make the trips and bring whatever you need.  I am Knight of Columbus, have networks and resources.  I honestly believe if you email me – I’ll get you the help you ask for.  We’re close enough, and we have the resources.  May god be with all of you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print