Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 does not support INOi DVD drive? (Read 2461 times)
BobM
Ex Member

Ghost 10 does not support INOi DVD drive?
Nov 27th, 2005 at 5:19pm

Hi. I have run into a problem with Ghost 10. I have just purchased G10 and it refuses to accept my DVD burner as a destination for a backup. The recovery environment will read files from a DVD in the drive as will windows (XP Pro). After some digging around it seems that my burner is "not supported". If anyone has any suggestions on the following two questions I would appreciate any response;

1) Is there any way to get G10 to play nice with my USB external INOi DW560U DVD burner other than ask Ghost to chop the backup into 4.4G chunks on my HD and then use NERO (which came with the INOi) to burn each chunk to a DVD?

2) Does anyone have a opinion as to how probable it is Symatec will add INOi as a supported drive?

IP Logged

Pleonasm

Re: Ghost 10 does not support INOi DVD drive?
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 3:01pm

See the Symantec Knowledge Base article “Supported DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, and CD-R/RW drives” (Document ID 2004030176699562) at:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/2480224e7ffe8fd88825701f0071....

You may wish to contact Gear Software directly to inquire about your specific DVD drive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print