Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help create automated batch command file (Read 11465 times)
NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Re: Help create automated batch command file
Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 10:52am

darkside68

I believe the optical drive should be *@cd1*, and you need a *path statement* that references the Ghost image file name, and you need a partition number in that path statement even if there is only one partition--so *:1*:

*src=@cd1\imagefilename.gho:1*

Let us know if this helps.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

darkside68

Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 11:59am

thanks for your help but ghost returns me this alert...

-- GHOST\GHOSTERR.TXT ---------------------------------------------------------

Date   : Thu Jan 19 16:39:49 2006
Error Number: (19010)
Version: 2003.793 (Dec 17 2003, Build=793)
Command line arguments: -igb -bootcd=\ghost\bootcd.dat -z2 -imgdescfile=\ghost\imgdescp.txt -wizard -clone,mode=create,src=@GFe4dcdeb0-89cf-4aa0-ade9-ac94303ae1b7,dst=@CD[ID:369328] -ghwrap ghost.exe -clone,mode=restore,src=@cd1\cdr00001.gho:1 -sure -quiet
Active Switches :
      AutoName

I believe the optical drive should be *@cd1*, and you need a *path statement* that references the Ghost image file name, and you need a partition number in that path statement even if there is only one partition--so *:1*:

*src=@cd1\imagefilename.gho:1*

Let us know if this helps.

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2006 at 4:38pm

darkside68

Based on the *GHOST\GHOSTERR.TXT* that you posted, it appears that you are trying to create an *automated* Ghost optical media using the Windows Ghost interface.

Unfortunately, the Windows Ghost interface places a *built-in default* boot image onto optical media--so it will not be *automated or customized.

You have to create the customized boot disk (floppy) or customized *boot image* on your own.

If you have a floppy drive, and have created the boot floppy that has the appropriate command line to load Ghost in DOS and perform the custom procedure that you want--then you can create a bootable optical media by first booting to DOS and loading standard DOS Ghost.  When you select the optical drive for the destination of the image you are creating, Ghost will ask if you want the optical media bootable--you would then place your customized, automated boot floppy in the floppy drive, answer *Yes*, and then Ghost will make a bootable optical disc with that customized, automated boot information that's on the floppy.

If you wish to create a customized, automated boot image to place on optical media, then you could follow this Guide--but replace the *config.sys* and *autoexec.bat* files with your customized batch files + add whatever files are needed for what you are loading during boot:

Creating Bootable CD/DVD's Without A:\Floppy Drive

(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

darkside68

Reply #18 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 8:44am

ok i created floppy boot disk but i don't know which parameters need during creation of it.
can you suggest me them?
thank you a lot!

NightOwl wrote on Jan 19th, 2006 at 4:38pm:
darkside68

Based on the *GHOST\GHOSTERR.TXT* that you posted, it appears that you are trying to create an *automated* Ghost optical media using the Windows Ghost interface.

Unfortunately, the Windows Ghost interface places a *built-in default* boot image onto optical media--so it will not be *automated or customized.

You have to create the customized boot disk (floppy) or customized *boot image* on your own.

If you have a floppy drive, and have created the boot floppy that has the appropriate command line to load Ghost in DOS and perform the custom procedure that you want--then you can create a bootable optical media by first booting to DOS and loading standard DOS Ghost.  When you select the optical drive for the destination of the image you are creating, Ghost will ask if you want the optical media bootable--you would then place your customized, automated boot floppy in the floppy drive, answer *Yes*, and then Ghost will make a bootable optical disc with that customized, automated boot information that's on the floppy.

If you wish to create a customized, automated boot image to place on optical media, then you could follow this Guide--but replace the *config.sys* and *autoexec.bat* files with your customized batch files + add whatever files are needed for what you are loading during boot:

Creating Bootable CD/DVD's Without A:\Floppy Drive

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #19 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 10:33am

darkside68

Quote:
ok i created floppy boot disk but i don't know which parameters need during creation of it.

You will need to post what you have so far:

1.  list of files on the boot disk

2.  content of *config.sys*

3.  content of *autoexec.bat*

4.  what you want Ghost to do.

IP Logged

darkside68

Reply #20 - Jan 20th, 2006 at 2:29pm

NightOwl wrote on Jan 20th, 2006 at 10:33am:
darkside68

You will need to post what you have so far:

1.  list of files on the boot disk

2.  content of *config.sys*

3.  content of *autoexec.bat*

4.  what you want Ghost to do.

autoexec.bat   
@echo off
SET TZ=GHO-01:00
MOUSE.COM
echo Loading...
CD GHOST
GHOST.EXE -clone,mode=create,src=1,dst=d:\7600.gho -sure -quiet

command.com

config.sys    lastdrive=z

ibmbio.com
ibmdos.com
mouse.com
mouse.ini
ghost\ghost.exe

i want to ghost my hard disk onto a dvd bootable so that any stupid user can restore the system without any activity.... just insert dvd at booy and wait some minutes....

thanks! Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print