Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 8 and Microsoft Vista (Read 3589 times)
Loren Grandjean

Ghost 8 and Microsoft Vista
Feb 13th, 2006 at 6:42pm

Has anyone tried or got Microsoft Vista post Beta 1 build to image successfully with Ghost 8.2?

Beta 1 worked ok but the December build images correctly but when you try to apply the image to new machine or same machine it messes up the boot loader and will not boot.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Ghost 8 and Microsoft Vista
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2006 at 7:32pm

For reader info, Vista is the next version of Windows:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 8:51am

Loren, it was predicted that Ghost 2003 (and thus its corporate version) would experience difficulties with the Windows Vista operating system, albeit for reasons other than those that may be causing your current problem.  See this thread on the forum: 
Windows Vista:  Problems for DOS-Based Images

It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds, and what unanticipated problems Vista causes for the plethora of applications already in existence.  Personally, my plan is to wait one year after the introduction of Vista (now anticipated to be released about December, 2006) before upgrading from Windows XP, in order to allow time for the various issues to be addressed.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 9:44am

Quote:
Personally, my plan is to wait one year after the introduction of Vista (now anticipated to be released about December, 2006) before upgrading from Windows XP, in order to allow time for the various issues to be addressed.

I didn't migrate to XP until SP1 was released. I anticipate an even longer wait for Vista to "settle down" since there seem to be hardware AND software related issues.

Christer

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 11:23am

Christer, I think we share a common objective:  not wanting to be an ‘unofficial’ test site for new Microsoft products!

Loren, by the way, note that there are also incompatibilities of Ghost Server Corporate Edition 7.5 and Symantec Ghost Corporate Edition 7.5, 8.0, and 8.2 with Windows XP SP2, as documented in Microsoft's article Some programs seem to stop working after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print