Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
scamcomputer-offer.com (Read 3317 times)
localyokle
Ex Member

scamcomputer-offer.com
May 30th, 2006 at 6:18pm

The kill- blog sites are up and running on some scams in the computer-offer.com ad on main page. if you go for it, you may find that "you can't get there from here".  Western Digital may not like being used as a neon liight for some of the bugs (scams)

(~)

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: scamcomputer-offer.com
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2006 at 1:31am

I am not sure what you are talking about.  Could you provide a little background to your post?

IP Logged

orion walton

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2006 at 12:31pm

Follow the "Free Western Digital HD" ad on page at http://partition.radified.com/. Just take the steps to qualify for freebie.   Couldn't get to final step or the complaint dept. except for a page that said "you shoulda read the fine print.(and decode it the way we do)  Search google for "whiteovernight".   My credit card email says that they cant stop the escalation.    Computer-offer.com has no complaint  effective channel .  No doubt It'll cost WD more than it costs me.
(~)

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2006 at 4:27pm

That is an ad provided by the Google AdSense program.  Unfortuanly, web site owners can't control the exact ads that appear on their pages.  Probably the best way to get something done on this issue is to complain to Google directly.  Perhaps they can address the situation with the company that placed the advertisment.  The best link I can find for reporting issues with an AdSense advertiser is the AdSense help center:

https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=18386

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print