Adaptec (Read 4920 times)
lidia
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Italy

Adaptec
Aug 21st, 2006 at 5:08am

Hello Rad,
Found you through Google as I have problems with Adaptec.  Before installing it a message came out saying that there was a problem with XP, I installed it just the same but keep getting problems.  So after a search I found your site from where I downloaded the Force Aspi which says to extract it to a directory...which directory?  Sprry not familiar with this.
I instead just opened the zip file and double clicked on the InstASPI.exe which told me that it was installed, I rebooted and had a check with Aspichk which tells me that 4 things are missing.  Can you guide me step by step please, I'm not very familiar with all this.

When I had W98 had not problem with Creator CD, then I upgraded to W2000 Pro and had problems now that I upgraded to XP still having problems.

I tried to uninstall it too but it wont and it gives me an error 703 unable to load installation instructions. ???

PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?
Thank you very much
Lidia

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Adaptec
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2006 at 11:53am

unzip to *any* directory, such as "forceaspi" on your c drive (which you would first need to create).

the (detailed) instructions for forceaspi are locate here:

http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

are they unclear to you?

which adapter? does it havce a bios? what is connected to the adapter?

what kind of problem with wxp? what did the (error?) message say?

upgrades from one o/s (w2k) to another (wxp) are typically fraught with problems, due to residual stuff left behind, such as old drivers, etc.. clean installs are always better:

http://windows.radified.com/

IP Logged

lidia
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Italy

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 3:16am

Thank you Rad for your help, the Aspi layers have been installed but I now have another problem.  Now I have another problem and hope you can help me with this one too.
When I click on the links you have given me nothing happens, it doesn't take me where it should and sometimes the page gets all black and then back to this forum.

Even when I click on the links in my email the same thing happens, it doesn't take me to that page.

Any idea why?  This happened since I installed Creator CD but now it has been uninstalled fortunately.

Thanks for your help
Lidia

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 10:30am

never heard of a problem like that.

you need to have somebody take a look at it.

find somebody in your neighborhood who knows about computers and ask them to take a look for you.

there are an infinite number of variables to consider, which would be much easier to troubleshoot with the pc sitting in front of you.

IP Logged

lidia
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Italy

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 9:21am

Hi Rad,
Sory did not reply before but found out why this was happening.  Thought that by installing XP this would find all the drivers etc. but this being a 2001 pc the drivers had to be reinstalled.  The problem was that thinking I would not need the cd to restore the pc which came with it I threw it away...so had to search for them luckily found some which have been updated but others no.  However the pc is working ok.  I have installed the ForceAspi and the Aspicheck says they are ok so I wonder if I should install Create CD as I have always used this one to convert mp3 into a playable music cd,  I also have Nero 7 but don't know if this does the same.
Have a nice day
Lidia

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 10:29am

well, if you're asking my opinion on the subject of encoding cd audio to mp3, i feel obligated to reference the (world famous) Radified guide to ripping & encoding cd audio:

http://mp3.radified.com/

i mean, seems as if mp3s are here to stay, so you might as well get up to speed on state-of-the-art encoding mojo.

generally, nero is considered superior to roxio products. nero can do that, too.

IP Logged

lidia
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Italy

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 3:11pm

Thanks for the advice Rad, I have added that link to my favourite, too long to read and understand at this time of the evening, 10pm over here.  I have been using Jet Audio so far for transforming cd into mp3 but will look into the Lame program too.
May I ask you another question which has nothing to do with adaptec?
I'm sure you said YES...lol
My son downloaded some Jamaican video clips, but it says FILE how do I put them on a cd for him to watch....I tried with Windows media player which asked me if I wanted to change something ...can't remember ??? and I was able to watch it...any hint
Thanks a lot
Lidia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print