Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help getting mouse to work with Ghost 2003 (Read 11063 times)
SunBright
N00b

Need help getting mouse to work with Ghost 2003
Aug 21st, 2006 at 11:37pm

I have Norton Ghost 2003, and have used it a few times to restore my system without any issues.

Recently, I had serious problems with this system and had a "tech guy" look at it.  I think he got frustrated and did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro.  Of course, this wiped out everything.  It took me a while to figure some things out, like why my RAID Controller driver was missing and wouldn't reinstall, but I just want the system back the way it was before he got a hold of it.  There are too many programs involved to reinstall each, one by one.

My problem:
My PS/2 mouse is not working once the Ghost Disk is running, but it works fine once Windows boots up.  I can manuever around with my (USB) keyboard, but I cannot use it to in the dropdown box to select which drive to read the image from.  

I'm using a Logitech MX/700 mouse with the PS/2 adapter, with Windows drivers.  They are: i8042prt.sys and mouclass.sys.

I am obviously stuck, or I wouldn't be asking for help.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Need help getting mouse to work with Ghost 200
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 12:30am

SunBright

Serial mouse and/or keyboard (if they will work on your system) can be had for probably $20.00 max for a cheap generic variety--probably *free* if you go to a local computer shop and take used units off the hands of the shop so they don't have to throw them out--if you need something--give them some business to make it worth their while!

Keyboard navigation in Ghost in DOS is the tab key and the *up* and *down* arrow keys--does your keyboard have those?  Tab to the drop-down box and use the down arrow to reach the menu item.

Let us know if this helps!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

SunBright
N00b

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 12:55am

I can tab around fine, but I cannot arrow up to the drop down box.  I can only arrow from the file name box to the box that shows my ghost image and date.

I might have a serial mouse laying around.  If I do, I'll try that.

I just don't understand why I never had this problem before.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 1:23am

SunBright

Have to tab until the drop down box is *highlighted*, then use the down arrow key.

Quote:
I just don't understand why I never had this problem before.

? BIOS setting--legacy USB support?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

SunBright
N00b

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 8:46am

Thank you, NightOwl.  I was able to start restoring via the keyboard, but ran up against a new problem. 

The first disk restored fine, but the 2nd disk gave me the following error message:  "Error acessing CD/DVD disk (1972) - ? This disc was not created by Norton Ghost."  This was followed with: "Error accessing file, please check media and retry (566).  So, I tried the 3rd disk and received the same message.

I had to install Windows XP, yet again.  I guess I will have to install all my software again, unless you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.  This is an awesome site!

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 9:22am

SunBright

Are you booting to DOS with a Std Ghost Boot Disk?

Can you run an Integrity Check on your Ghost image file set?

How did you originally create your Ghost image files?

IP Logged

SunBright
N00b

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 9:40am

Hi NightOwl,

1.  Yes, I am booting to DOS.  Without sounding stupid, I do not know if this is a Std Ghost Disk.  It is a Restore Disk that the tech guys who built this system helped me create when I had problems with XP SP2 updates.

2.  I'm sure I can run an Integrity check, either by reinstalling Norton Ghost or checking it in DOS.  I will have to do this tonight as I am going to work soon.

3.  As mentioned above, I was "walked though" the process via my former tech guys.  The Ghost Image was created in DOS onto three DVD +R Discs.

I have used the Ghost Image files at least three times prior to this, and have never had any issues before.  Something must have been right prior to these current issues, because everything worked great afterwards.

I thank you again for your help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print