Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Norton Ghost 9.0 won't run (Read 4400 times)
cajun_mike
Ex Member

Norton Ghost 9.0 won't run
Aug 29th, 2006 at 7:31pm

When attempting to run Ghost 9.0, I get a V2iConsole.exe - Common Language Runtimme Debugging Services error that says simply "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled."  Then it lists a process id and a thread id. 

There is an option to debug but when I click on that button it says "Registered JIT debugger is not available ..."

Arghh!  This has been working.  Trying to work with tech support on their chat line was useless.  They had me uninstall and reinstall SystemWorks Premiere 3 times.  When I asked to escalate the problem they put me on terminal hold... 

I don't know what to do about this.  It's broken and Symantic can't tell me how to fix it.  It's supposed to be good 'till 2007 but it's looking like I'm going to have to buy another software program.

Anybody have any suggestions of a good image backup program which has disaster recovery capabilities?

Mike

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Norton Ghost 9.0 won't run
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 7:47pm

cajun_mike,

How long have you been using Ghost 9 on your computer? You sort of implied that it had been working.
Do you have any backup images taken prior to the problem commencing?

Is this you?

http://groups.google.com.au/group/symantec.customerservice.general/browse_thread...

IP Logged

cajun_mike
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 7:59pm

I've been using it since shortly after it came out.  I've got 4 or 5 image backups on my backup (target) disk.  There are no events I can associate with this that would trigger it.  ...no new software, no crashes, nothing I can figure would cause it.

Mike

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 8:06pm

Mike,

I can't find an answer. If it was my computer I'd restore to a backup image when I knew Ghost was working. I gather the error message is in Windows and not the Recovery Environment.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2006 at 8:09pm

re: "
has generated an exception
.. "

doesn't that mean it's conflicting with another prgm?

i learned that the prgm generating the exception is not necessarily the one at fault.

could be wrong but i think this happens when two different prgms try to allocate the same space in memory.

have you installed any new prgms recently? .. particularly ones which load into memory at start-up (like so many do these days).

can you close some apps running in the background? .. and see if that might help...

i believe this is the first we have heard of this error.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 7:45am

Cajun_mike, building on the recommendation of Rad in Reply #4, you may wish to run MemTest86+ to verify that a memory problem is not arising.

Of course, also do the usual maintenance tasks:  CHKDSK /R, anti-virus and anti-spyware checks, disk defragmentation, etc.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print