Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Norton Save & Restore - what's in the box? (Read 24801 times)
craghopper
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Norton Save & Restore - what's in the box?
Reply #15 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:05pm

Thanks, Nightowl. 

Just for a bit more background on the original windows crash it was hal.dll missing or corrupted please replace error. So then i booted into recovery console to try and replace the file and obvoiusly i tried to do a dir just to see where i was once in the dos prompt which returned the enumeration error.

I'll try and do the image using the Ghost tool on SN&R, it should be possible?  I think i'll buy a new hard drive for the computer and keep the old one to work on in future.

As for recovery software, sorry to ask this but is there any you would recommend and especially any free software? 

Thanks,
CH

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #16 - Nov 25th, 2006 at 7:50pm

craghopper wrote on Nov 25th, 2006 at 2:05pm:
"... As for recovery software, sorry to ask this but is there any you would recommend and especially any free software?..."

IP Logged

craghopper
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 9:02am

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to finish this forum of with an update.  I managed to find a tool called R-Studio 3.0 Demo which has turned out to be a brilliant for me.  It scanned the whole harddirve and found everything that i knew should still be on there, even data my girlfriend had deleted during normal use!

I've now managd to use the ACER recovery disk (which uses Ghost incidentally to restore the HDD image) on a new harddrive (i don't trust the old one).  Everything is great and i'm sure i've earned lots of brownie points! Smiley
Cheers those who've helped.
CH, out....
until next time

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print