Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 + SATA Drives (Read 2232 times)
Mingfu
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ghost 2003 + SATA Drives
Jan 4th, 2007 at 2:50pm

[This topic was moved to the General Discussion Board by El_Pescador on January 4th, 2007.]

Question for you all, I'm trying to build images on a PC with SATA Drives. When I build the image I include -fni and -noide so the script that builds the image won't hang. But after the image is built the PC keeps booting into the 8mb ghost partition on the HD. It seems like it never cleans up the mini partition. I tried booting from a boot disk and runing ghreboot but it doesn't do anything. It looks like the only way for me to return to windows is to Fdisk the hard drive and manually delete the 8MB partition. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 2003 + SATA Drives
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 9:40pm

Mingfu

Any partition tool that you can boot to DOS via a floppy or bootable CD that will allow you to change the *active* partition from the Ghost partition back to your original OS partition should solve the problem--whether you *delete* the Ghost partition or not, you will have to make the OS partition *active* again!

If the *automated GhReboot* does not work, check this thread on how to use the Symantec Ghost DOS command line partitioning program, *gdisk*, as to how to manually change the active partition back to your original partition:

Ghost 2003 -operating system not found

MBRWizard - The MBR utility you've been looking for!

PartitionMagic would work also.

There are probably others as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Mingfu
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Ghost 2003 + SATA Drives
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 9:17am

Thanks NightOwl, this is the route we decided to take as well. Just looking for something simpler as many of the people in the office are not comfortable with changing the active partition or deleting the ghost partition. It's bizzarre how there's a switch to select noide drives but nothing that lets the script know to clean up the parition on a SATA drive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print