Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 8.3 not responding during image restore (Read 3400 times)
adx
Ex Member

Ghost 8.3 not responding during image restore
Feb 9th, 2007 at 2:18am

Hi all,

This is my first post and hope someone could help. I've image my old 80GB SATA drive and want to restore it to my new 120GB SATA drive. The image span to total of 5 DVD. I've tried to restore it twice today, the fisrt try it hang just before 30-min to complete and the second one, it hang again at 50% complete. Both restore activities has just burn me 6 hours of nothing.  Angry

Is there any command line option that I can use to overcome this? Do I have to start all over again from disc 1 and hope it will not hang again this time? Help. I'm running out of time.

Thanks.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 8.3 not responding during image restore
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 8:44am

adx

Quote:
Help. I'm running out of time.

I can tell from you post that you are having a problem restoring an image from 5 DVD's--but unfortunately, that's about all--there can be a multitude of reasons!

Is there no *error message* or *ghosterr.txt* created?

First troubleshooting step--run an *Integrity* check on the 5 DVD imagae set to make sure the set is not corrupt.  Did you do that when you created the DVD set originally?  Did it pass?  I don't consider an optical image set reliable until it can pass the *Integrity* check.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

adx
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 8.3 not responding during image restore
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 3:11pm

Thanks NightOwl for the reply. Problem solved. I don't know how but this time it went through. I choose Browse instead of OK everytime after I put the next DVD.

Got another 2 problems though. My D: drive (extended partition-Logical) is not there although I can see it being copied during the restore session and I'm not sure if Ghost had image the hidden (HPA) partition (contain Dell MediaDirect 2.0). I've choose Local --> Disk --> To Image to create the backup, I suppose it will image everything on the old drive - hidden or not. Right?

Appreciate if you can explain a bit about this.

Edit: Read about HPA at www.goodells.net. My MediaDirect is lost. Cry

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print