Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transferring a ghost image to different media (Read 2200 times)
e-terry
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Transferring a ghost image to different media
Feb 9th, 2007 at 10:03am

???
I've been using Ghost 2003 for some years quite succcessfully utilizing the 3 1/2 inch boot disk to create an image but recently I hit the wall.   I have an older PC set up with Win98 with a CD reader (only) and USB ports.  Since the PC has no CD writer I decided to try making a boot disk with the USB (1.1) ports enabled and use a flash drive to receive the image.  so far, so good.   That effort went fine and the image on the flash drive verified.  The problem is that now I want to transfer the image to a CD so I can reload later if need be.  I burned the ghost file from the flash drive onto a CD using Easy CD Creator.  When I try to verify the image, I get a message that says either the file was not created by ghost or the CD was not created by Ghost ( I cannot recall which for certain) and Ghost stops there.   I next tried to run Ghost peer to peer using the LPT interface.  Ghost does not recognize the CD/DVD reader/writer on the slave computer so I cannot write an image to it on the slave computer from the master computer.  I'm stumped.  Is there any way I can get this image from my flash memory card to a CD in such a way that Ghost will not reject it?  I know I could temporarily install a CD writer in the old computer, but i really don't want to do that; especially since it appears I am so close to having a CD image I can use.
Thanks,
Terry

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Transferring a ghost image to different media
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 10:28am

e-terry

Quote:
I burned the ghost file from the flash drive onto a CD using Easy CD Creator.  When I try to verify the image, I get a message that says either the file was not created by ghost or the CD was not created by Ghost ( I cannot recall which for certain) and Ghost stops there

DOS Ghost 2003 has the ability to access compatible optical drives without using the standard DOS optical drivers--but Ghost will only recognize Ghost image files that were burned directly to optical media by Ghost in DOS when using that built-in ability.

You need to load the optical DOS drivers that assign a drive letter to your optical drive--then Ghost should read those Ghost image files without problems!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print