Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 No Longer Wors (Read 5726 times)
jackal
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Wisconsin

Ghost 10 No Longer Wors
Feb 20th, 2007 at 10:11pm

I recently had to rebuild my PC software environment  (Windows Media Center 5), and Ghost 10.0 no longer works.  I have tried Symantecs techinical support, which proved to be fruitless.

I get the following error messages from Ghost 10.0:

Description: Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session. Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system. Error EC8F03EC: Cannot initialize the Storage Management Engine. Error E0BB000D: Device \\.\PhysicalDrive2 LBA 625142447 is beyond the end of the drive.
Details: 0xE0BB000D
Source: Norton Ghost

After running the partition analysis, I detached all the external storage devices.  I get slightly different messages (see below),but Ghost 10 still does not work.

Description: Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
Error EC8F03EC: Cannot initialize the Storage Management Engine.
Error E0BB0117: Failed to initialize because another storage

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost 10 No Longer Wors
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 11:09pm

jackal,

You haven’t mentioned whether you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ghost 10. That’s what I’d do and after uninstalling I’d use the Norton Removal Tool if you have no other Symantec products.

TOOL

If that doesn’t help you could consider restoring a Ghost 10 recovery point taken prior to the software changes when Ghost 10 was working properly. Are the software changes easy to redo? Have you changed your partitions?

IP Logged

jackal
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Wisconsin

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 12:07am

I had reinstalled Ghost several times, but no with the tool.  I tried the tool and reinstalled ghost, but I still have the same problem.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 1:17am

I thought you might had been there. Is restoring an image practical for your system? That's how I get myself out of trouble.

IP Logged

jackal
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Wisconsin

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 3:31pm

Restoring an image is not possible, since I have changed motherboards.  This was the reason I ended up rebuilding my system.  I may have to find an alternative to Norton Ghost.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 4:07pm

jackal wrote on Feb 21st, 2007 at 3:31pm:
Restoring an image is not possible, since I have changed motherboards. 

Not necessarily. It may work. Leary used his old HD with a new motherboard. Naturally you would image you current system before attempting the restore.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=ghost9_10;action=display;num=117...

Quote:
I may have to find an alternative to Norton Ghost.

You can still use your Ghost 10 CD to create and restore images. Boot to the CD and...

Quote:
Recover (on left)
Recover using a legacy Ghost image
OK
Local > Partition > to image   or
Local > Disk > to image

This is using Ghost 8.2 (ghost32.exe).

I don't know how to fix your Ghost 10. There is an incompatibility with either your software or motherboard.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print