Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help getting my pc back (Read 4605 times)
CEV
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Need help getting my pc back
Feb 21st, 2007 at 11:27am

Yes, I know, I screwed up big time. I did not make a recovery point before starting this. But there has to be a way to get my old main bootable HD back. What I did with Ghost 10 is use the copy hard drive function. I put a new hd in my pc. I used the copy hd function in ghost 10 and selected the option to make the new drive bootable. When it finished doing its thing it would not completely boot into windows. It would hang at the WinXP screen. I tried a repair install but that just made it worse. It will still not go into windows.

So now my other option is my old HD. That should still be able to boot into windows from what I understand. What I did is remove all other hd's and leave the old one connected. What is hapenning is it is saying to insert a bootable disk (or something like that). From what I understand the old drive is supposed to stay intact with all info.

So my question is how do i get that old drive to boot back into windows? If I can just get that far, the first thing I will be doing is making a backup image of the whole drive. There has to be a way to do this. Please give me your suggestion.

Thank You,

Chad

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Need help getting my pc back
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 1:53pm

CEV, this is a common error with cloning. Freezing at the WinXP logo. The quick fix is Method #3 which clears the DiskID of the new HD and allows Windows to reassign drive letters.

http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/partsigs.htm#method3

I tried to see how many different ways I could make the Ghost 10 cloning process fail.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11482...

Which error did you make?

IP Logged

CEV
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 10:38pm

Well I did get it back. There was too many issues though and I decided to wipe it out and just reinstall everything. Once I get it set back up the way I want I will make a ghost image for future use.

Thanks,

CEV

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 7:59pm

CEV wrote on Mar 1st, 2007 at 10:38pm:
Well I did get it back.

CEV, did you get the clone to boot? How?

IP Logged

CEV
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 2:45pm

Brian wrote on Mar 2nd, 2007 at 7:59pm:
CEV, did you get the clone to boot? How?

Kind of. I had to do a XP repair install. Ended up with too many issues so I just decided to do a clean install.

CEV

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print