Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Image corruption even though pass integrity check (Read 2573 times)
XCape
Ex Member

Image corruption even though pass integrity check
Mar 3rd, 2007 at 7:59pm

Hi

I have been trying to solve this issue of mine where I have taken an image of my harddrive (which has a C and D drive) and send it through it the integrity check, which passes with flying colours.  When I try to ghost the image to another PC, with exactly the same components, it will have an image corruption.  Now I have checked to see if it always fails at a certain percentage through the process, but it is random, very random.  Sometimes it fails at 40%, sometimes at 80% and sometimes at 90%.  So I can't pinpoint the error.  However, when I just ghost C Drive and than ghost D Drive separately, it works  Undecided  Now, I have 20 PCs and I don't want to have to ghost each drive separately, rather do it in one go.  I am using Ghost 10.  Why does my image have an image corruption when it passes the integrity check?  Sad

Help please.
Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Image corruption even though pass integrity ch
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2007 at 8:25pm

XCape,

I'm not totally clear on what you are attempting. Are you imaging one computer and planning to restore that image to the other 20 computers?
How are you restoring? From DVD, internal or external HD or across a network? Do you run "verify" prior to restoring the image?

Quote:
However, when I just ghost C Drive and than ghost D Drive separately, it works

I'm not sure what you mean by this statement.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print