Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Putting Ghost 10 on a server. (Read 3598 times)
keyshawn
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Putting Ghost 10 on a server.
Feb 22nd, 2007 at 8:50am

I was wondering if I can put ghost 10.0 on a server and use it to create or clone ten or more pc and Laptops that are the same in specs. What are some of the things i should be looking at and what problems  might i encounter.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Putting Ghost 10 on a server.
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 9:44am

keyshawn

Ghost 10 is the retail version of Ghost--it was not designed or meant to work in the fashion you are interested in.

The corporate version of Ghost--currently titled *Ghost Solution Suite v2.0* (Windows and DOS based) has the abilities you are looking for.

The old retail version of Ghost 2003 (DOS based) has many of the capabilities you are wanting--but not the *Ghost Casting* from a server like the corporate version!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 9:44pm

keyshawn wrote on Feb 22nd, 2007 at 8:50am:
I was wondering if I can put ghost 10.0 on a server and use it to create or clone ten or more pc and Laptops that are the same in specs. What are some of the things i should be looking at and what problems  might i encounter.

Ghost 10 is meant to be installed on the client PC.  To do what you want you could purchase 10 licenses of Ghost 10.  Each license must be installed and activated on only one pc.

You could then backup your images, initiated from the client PC, to a network share but all operations are initiated from the client.

As NightOwl mentioned, there are enterprise versions of Ghost which allow you to manage an entire group or department of PC's from a central server.  That is a different product, not Ghost 10.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 7:47am

You may wish to examine the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery set of products for the desktop and servers.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print