Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Solution Suite 2.0/Vista (Read 11267 times)
Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Ghost Solution Suite 2.0/Vista
Mar 14th, 2007 at 12:35am

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.0, released late last year, is  the enterprise version of Ghost (superceding Ghost 8.2) supports Windows Vista for imaging and recovery. The guts of the suite are Ghost DOS and Ghost Windows versions (based on the traditional Ghost 2003), and are now named as version 11.0. So, the Vista users can now confidently use the new versions of the Ghost for all their imaging needs.  It is unfortunate that these programs are not sold to end user consumers like us and unless we want to purchase the enterprise version, we cannot own a legit copy for our use.

I hope, Symantec will sell the two programs to seasoned users like us and to tech support people who will find it as a very valuable tool to protect against disasters.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Ghost Solution Suite 2.0/Vista
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2007 at 7:14am

Rama, to clarify, it is quite possible for an individual user to purchase Ghost 11 (GSS 2.0).  The only difficulty is that the purchase must be for a minimum of five licenses, resulting in a total expense of almost $200.  I suspect that most users will not find that proposition an attractive cost/benefit tradeoff, and thus will migrate to the use of a tool other than Ghost 11 for image backup (e.g., Norton Ghost 12).

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Rama
Technoluster

You don't appreciate Backup
until you get burned.

Re: Ghost Solution Suite 2.0/Vista
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2007 at 10:10pm

Pleonasm wrote on Mar 14th, 2007 at 7:14am:
Rama, to clarify, it is quite possible for an individual user to purchase Ghost 11 (GSS 2.0).  The only difficulty is that the purchase must be for a minimum of five licenses, resulting in a total expense of almost $200.  I suspect that most users will not find that proposition an attractive cost/benefit tradeoff, and thus will migrate to the use of a tool other than Ghost 11 for image backup (e.g., Norton Ghost 12).

Please see my post quoting the info from the Ghost forum explaining how the licensing is handled. Looks like joint venture would work

Rama

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print