Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 Errors with RAID-1: EC8F17B7, E0BB0083 (Read 9511 times)
jdunster
Ex Member

Ghost 10 Errors with RAID-1: EC8F17B7, E0BB0083
Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:49pm

I have ghost working off a RAID 1 setup, with recovery points directed to an external drive. I keep getting error messages which seem to be wrong, but not sure what to do to correct them.

Notification Type: Error
Priority: High
Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Recovery point of E:\, C:\. Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental image. Error EA390719: Target disk full. Error EA390719: Target disk full.
Details: 0xE0BB0083

The target disk is not anywhere near full, nor is the folder where recovery points are being stored. The Promise card is functioning just fine, no errors showing on that part of the setup. Does anyone have any suggestions about the above errot message?

Thanks Undecided

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Ghost 10 Errors: EC8F17B7, E0BB0083, EA390719
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 1:18pm

I am not a Ghost 10 user, but curious as to why you feel you need an imaging program with RAID-1 (redundancy).

Guess you can never have too many back-ups.

IP Logged

jdunster
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 10 Errors with RAID-1: EC8F17B7, E0BB008
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 2:18pm

The RAID mirrors all the OS and data, but the ideal is to store the recovery points elsewhere so that Ghost can use any of these in the event of a total OS crash where windoze will not let you in. If you keep the recovery points in the C or another partition and you can't get back in, then they are not much use (been there done that).

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 5:54pm

jdunster,

See

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170715499/9#9

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/powerquest.nsf/docid/2005111019380362

A Google search indicates software conflicts can also cause the problem.

In summary, we don't have a simple answer.

Can you create a recovery point to an internal HD?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 8:12pm

thanks for the follow-up on my question.

Quote:
Can you create a recovery point to an internal HD?

that's what i was wondering  .. would provide a data point to try and narrow the problem, see where it's localized to (troubleshooting).

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 8:20pm

I don't understand RAID but with non RAID you can create an image of the C: drive to the C: drive, if need be. And then move it elsewhere. However, it's not recommended to use this image as a backup. Just for troubleshooting.

IP Logged

dbird
Gnarly

Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 11:14am

I have my sys configured very similar to yours. I run ghost 9.0 from the boot OS, which is a RAID hardware mirror with a promise controller, and write the image files to a USB drive mounted HD. Works good. Unless I forget to turn on the USB drive first Embarrassed

Some suggestions to try to understand better what is the problem:

Check to see if the external drive is indeed visible to ghost. Rescan drives. Make an image to some other drive, copy the image to the external drive using explorer, then see if you can read the externally stored image within ghost using the wizard to start a file recovery (in contrast to partition/drive recovery).

Not to criticize, but haven't seen any progress(?)/diagnostic reports from you. Have you found a workaround? Living dangerously? I would like to keep in touch via this forum because your configuration seems to be so close to mine. I have always been able to find a way to recover from a disaster, but I sure could have used some perspective and avoided doing some dumb/wasteful things, if I had had someone to bounce things off of. The last disaster I had was solved with help from here.

Good luck and keep in touch,

Dave

IP Logged

David_D
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 10 Errors with RAID-1: EC8F17B7, E0BB0083
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 9:20am

Hi all Smiley,
I don't know if my particular input will help towards a solution / workaround, but I have also a SATA Raid (Hardware-mirror) and backing up to an internal IDE drive.
For the member with the query about the usefulness of this 'Belt & Braces' approach - well you do a messed up install and then try to recover with your 'raid-only' Wink
But back to busines: I also get this ErrCode, but the reason is supposedly an I/O error. Funnily enough though, although the IDE checks out clean with any diags that I use, the SATA Raid Partition 'C' does reports errors once in a while - the System events however report no errors / bad blocks etc. and I even 'broke' the mirror once and did thorough r/w, seek, pattern tests - the whole 9 yds. - but without errors.
So, although this is no real problem, it's a bit like a small stone in your shoe, Iwould like to know what the reason is and not have to 'worry' about any missed backups - which I do 'Event Driven'.

For those who are still awake thanks for your stamina, and maybe your input Wink

Best rgds,

David_D

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print