Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Save&Restore--What version is this? (Read 3583 times)
jcimarron
Gnarly

Save&Restore--What version is this?
Apr 21st, 2007 at 9:26pm

What version is NSR 11.0.2.20309?  Is it part of version 1 or version 2 of NSR?

P.S.  For any one that wants some background (which really is not necessary) to this question,  I suspect I rudely intruded into Pleonasm's thread concerning NSR version 2.
See http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1175712139/0
I should have added one more piece of info.  Per the earlier thread, when Live Update told me it was downloading an update for NSR, LiveUpdate never did install it. 
I have been using Live Update for years.  Usually downloaded updates are installed, though this was the first time I was offered one for NSR.  The updates almost always are for NAV Virus Definitions, Trusted Applications List, Worm Protection, etc.
In the link above, I detailed my problems in installing the downloaded update for NSR (which I eventually installed manually).  It was interesting that Live Update made no effort to install it automatically as part of the  LiveUpdate procedure.

Jim

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Save&Restore--What version is this?
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2007 at 11:46pm

sounds like v1.1, no?

unless you paid for v2.0, it's some updated version of 1.0.

i'm guessing the "11" = 1.1.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2007 at 1:57pm

Jcimarron, you may be able to learn more by looking inside the downloaded update file – it is usually a ZIP archive in RAR format.  Right-clicking the executables contained therein and selecting "Properties" should reveal version information.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

jcimarron
Gnarly

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2007 at 7:54pm

The update file is named NSR_1102_en_patch.exe.  (It came as part of a .zip file along with a file named "Norton_Save&Restore_11_02_20309_en.dis.  I have no clue what that does.)   
The NSR version which the .exe installed, before I could no longer access it because NSW took over, is 11.02.20309.  The version of NSR I had before the update installation was described as "Version 11.0 Build 11492".  Unfortunately, this is not in the same format and the number after the 11.0 is missing.  My bad.  It is what I recorded based on my records.    I suspect it would have been 11.0X.11492. but it is too late now to find out. 
The X is what intrigues me.  Could the 0.2 be version 2?  They both start with 11.0.
Does anyone else have either of these versions of NSR?  I suspect the Build 11492 is what my NSR CD now installs.  I do not know if it is the version on the CD or if it is automatically updated as a part of the install.
As mentioned, it also is interesting (to me anyway) that Norton Live Update made no effort to install the downloaded NSR_1102_en_patch.exe.  Perhaps because it is inside a .zip file.

Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print