Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 9 won't start V2iConsole exception (Read 9608 times)
Beachcoffee
N00b

I Love Radified!

San Francisco, Calif,USA

Ghost 9 won't start V2iConsole exception
Aug 23rd, 2007 at 10:51pm

The Ghost 9 program window opens then an error window opens. It shows V2iConsole.exe Common Language Runtime Debugging Services with the message "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled". It shows Process ID 2784 Thread iD 2788. The Ghost 9 window then closes.

I have tried reinstalling Ghost 9 and running the Norton Removal Tool after removing Ghost. My system is a Compaq Presario with Windows XP Home SP2 aqnd a 160 gig hard drive.

Other info: I had Ghost 9 working a few weeks ago. Then Windows crashed and I had to restore my Windows from the Compaq Recovery partition. I did the non-destructive recovery and all my Program Files were left intact. I ran Ghost 9 from the Start-All Programs menu and it gave me this error. I removed Ghost 9 thru adad and remove programs and rinstalled from the CD and it gave me this error. Please help.

Compaq Presario SR1720NX personal computer  SBC Yahoo DSL  A+ Network+ certified
miragent@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost 9 won't start V2iConsole exception
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2007 at 11:19pm

Beachcoffee,

You have done everything that I would have done. The non-destructive recovery must have done "something". I'd restore a Ghost 9 image taken prior to the crash.

IP Logged

Beachcoffee
N00b

I Love Radified!

San Francisco, Calif,USA

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2007 at 11:46pm

I have a set of ghost recovery dvds from april but my dvd drive is broken
right now. I bought a new dvd writer and hard disk and am waiting for them
to arrive. Im going to put in the hard disk and then I'll get the ghost recovery onto it and set it as the master and try to boot from it.

Compaq Presario SR1720NX personal computer  SBC Yahoo DSL  A+ Network+ certified
miragent@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2007 at 12:15am

My preference would be to use another computer's DVD drive and copy the Ghost image to a USB external HD. Then connect the external HD to your laptop and restore to your new HD from the Ghost Recovery Environment (when your new hardware arrives). I don't envy anyone restoring from DVDs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print