Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Autorun.inf or Autoplay? (Read 4103 times)
tec77
N00b

its just me Marty B...

Fargo North Dakota

Autorun.inf or Autoplay?
Dec 30th, 2007 at 10:37am

I converted my music to 24bit and am trying to make them run on my Home DVD players, I thought one could just make an autorun.inf file to automatically make these DVDs play right away.  I have a few players I have tried this on and they say they are 24 bit D/A converter so am I missing something?  I have made dvds work on my computer that will open html files so I cannot be too far off am I missing something.  Here is a Microsoft site for reference, do not know about autoplay functions ... am I supposed be including a shellexecute here or what???
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776823(VS.85).aspx

North Dakota ...

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: Autorun.inf or Autoplay?
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 1:18pm

I think many DVD players are capable of playing CD's.  If that is what you are trying to do, I think the music should be in uncompressed, or .wav, format.  Creating a DVD that looks valid to your DVD player but only has audio on it sounds like to would require some detailed knowledge of the Table of Contents files that DVD players use to understand the content on the disc.  A forum dedicated to DVD ripping or movie production would have a lot more expertise to offer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print