Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem with Question: (1859) in ghost 2003 URGENT PLEASE! (Read 2150 times)
fngokdemir
Ex Member

Problem with Question: (1859) in ghost 2003 URGENT PLEASE!
Jan 21st, 2008 at 5:53am

I have problem with Ghost 2003 In a client computer, i experienced problem with windows needed to install it again from Windows XP Professional Edition SP2 installation cd (i have 2 partitions on disk C and D i have chosen C to install Windows as used to be D remained unchanged)

After that, Windows came again without any problem, first of all I installed Norton Ghost 2003 to C. I have a .gho image file to restore and I also copied it to D.
Then In Norton ghost I choose the image file which i want to be restored in D. I choosed also the appropriate partitions for source and destination.
The computer is restarted to make this restore action. A screen (As you can realize I'm doing this first time) starting PC-DOS... came and a 2 choice list.
1.Run the Norton dos operation
2. Return to windows without doing the norton opretaion.
I choosed 1. one and C:Ghost> came I wrote `ghost` and the ghost screen came.
I have done the same operation in ghost partion from image file ( select the image file in D) and ended the process according to the appropriate partions.
The problem is here: A question box appeared Question: (1859) Ghost must relocate the virtual partion and computer will be restarted to do this operation (something like this).
The computer is restarted the same things comes again and again A screen (As you can realize I'm doing this first time) starting PC-DOS... came and a 2 choice list. 1.Run the Norton dos operation 2. Return to windows without doing the norton opretaion. but it does not the restore.
What should be the problem please Ghost experts... Thanx 

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Problem with Question: (1859) in ghost 2003 URGENT PLEASE!
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2008 at 1:12am

fngokdemir

I believe you are trapped in the Ghost *virtual partition*--here are some references that should help:

How to use GhReboot

Cannot start Windows after starting a Ghost 2003 task from Windows

How to restart the computer into Windows if a problem is encountered after running Ghost 2003

If the *automated GhReboot* does not work, check this thread on how to use the Symantec Ghost DOS command line partitioning program, *gdisk*, as to how to manually change the active partition back to your original partition:

Ghost 2003 -operating system not found

Other partitioning tools (such as PartitionMagic, or this free tool MBRWizard - The MBR Management Utility that can change partitions from active to inactive, and can hide and unhide partitions--as well as delete partitions from the Master Partition Table--can also be used to manually reset the correct active OS partition for booting!

Post back if you need additional help!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print