Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Would someone PLEASE help?!?!? (Read 2593 times)
JD
N00b

I Love Radified!

Would someone PLEASE help?!?!?
Jan 24th, 2008 at 7:44pm

I am getting a little desperate now. I called Symantec and spent a LONG time on hold only to be told they can't help, and then disconnected. My computer is locked up and worthless right now. I truly don't know what to do from here. Launched Norton Ghost 2003 for first time, to back up hard drive; followed help instructions; on settings, selected "Firewire Drive" in "External Storage" section of Advanced Settings dialog; clicked OK; system restarted and came up with a prompt line that says "Missing Operating System". I don't have the faintest idea as to where to go from here. Don't have a hard copy of User Manual. I tried rebooting, tried Ctrl/Alt/Delete, and tried everything I know, and can't get out of Ghost...and CAN'T access the balance of what is on my hard drive. My business is basically on hold until I can regain access to my system/hard drive. I desperately need help. I would GREATLY appreciate any help anyone can offer...and please explain clearly. My operating system is XP with all current updates; I also have Zone Alarm & Norton Utilities on the hard drive. Thanks for your help!! Everything was working perfectly on my system until I launched Ghost. Surely SOMEONE can tell me the best way to free up my system and get control back??? Thank you!!!

IP Logged

ckcc
Technoluster

South Carolina, USA

Re: Would someone PLEASE help?!?!?
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 9:14pm

please review the links provided here by NightOwl.
http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1188045499/1#1
may it will help for now. I'm sure someone will be along with more experience with this problem.

If anything can go wrong, it already did, and you just now noticed it.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Would someone PLEASE help?!?!?
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2008 at 12:44am

JD

It sounds like you are trapped in the *virtual partition*--the reference that ckcc gave you should have what you need to set things straight--post back if you are stuck on some aspect of what needs doing--don't panic--it can be worked out!

Do you have a floppy drive--or only CD/DVD ROMs?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print