Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New YaBB v2.2.1 lets you control the size of your text in Post/Reply box (Read 18625 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

New YaBB v2.2.1 lets you control the size of your text in Post/Reply box
Mar 10th, 2008 at 4:25pm

This new version of YaBB (v2.2.1) allows you to control the size of your text in Post/Reply box.

There's a little "-" (minus) and "+" (plus) sign in the lower-right corner.

Text in the Post/Reply box has always been small, and we've been trying to figure out how to make it bigger for a long time.

Now it's a standard feature.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Re: New YaBB v2.2.1 lets you control the size of your text in Post/Reply box
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 6:27pm

From all of us "visually challenged" eyes, Thanks!

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 10:26pm

I just noticed you can also resize the Post/Reply box itself .. by dragging the right and bottom borders .. to wherever you want.

I made mine *much* wider and a little taller.

Very cool, especially the easy-to-use implementation. And it even remembers your preference setting.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 9:25am

Rad

Looks like the available templates to choose from in the *User CP* with different sizes are no longer available.

The only choices I find are:

*blk_gry3d*
*Forum default*
*Old Yabb 2.1 style*

I'm tied up with a couple pressing projects for the next day or two--so will not have time to play with the *Admin* style sheet and sizes to offer several different size templates--so be patient out there in Rad Forum land--choices are coming!

Quote:
I made mine *much* wider and a little taller.

I can only change the width of the reply box--I can not adjust the height!?  How did you do that?

But it's very nice to be able to change the font size!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Amish.
Technoluster

Dude! (Rad in SeaMonkey)

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 11:25am

Same way you change the side-width .. by rolling your cursor over the bottom border of the Post/Reply window .. when it changes to a double-sided arrow, click and drag the border to the new height you'd like to use.

Mine works in IE7, Firefox and SeaMonkey (where I am now). Haven't tried Opera yet, but I think it would work there also.

I really like this upgrade. They added a bunch of neat features, and fixed all the bugs associated with Y2.2

What size text are you using? 13-pixel seems to be a good size.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 11:34am

NightOwl wrote on Mar 11th, 2008 at 9:25am:
I can only change the width of the reply box--I can not adjust the height!?  How did you do that?
But it's very nice to be able to change the font size!!!!!

What is missing is a combination bottom-right corner-drag.  You have to expand the width separately from the height.  So basically, it is a two step process, but it does work for me (Vista with IE7).

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2008 at 11:46am

NightOwl wrote on Mar 11th, 2008 at 9:25am:
Looks like the only available template choices I find are:

*blk_gry3d*
*Forum default*
*Old Yabb 2.1 style*

Yes, for now anyway.

If you go into the "Template Configuration" and click the drop-down menu for "Style Sheet" you will see a list of all your previously-configured styles listed there. (I copied everything over from the old forum, so they should all be listed there.)

After selecting, I believe you must save each as it's own new style (using similar name) in "Save As" box at the bottom of the window.

I'm sure you've done this many times before, being more of an expert than myself in this area.

After saving in "Save As", the new style should then be available for you to select from your Control Panel (CP).

Do you feel the size of the default text in the regular forum posts (the text you're reading right now) for "blk_gry3d" is too small? I bumped that up to .. ah, I forget the exact size, but I know it's bigger than whatever the default was.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 9:32am

Amish. and Ghost4me

Thanks for the direction on resizing the text box!  I went straight to the corner and nothing happened--didn't even try the bottom!  (I guess it helps if you look at the new instructions over under the *Message:* heading!  Wink )

But, my system does not maintain that setting when I go to a new thread--I'm back to the *small* default size responding to this post after I made it larger on a previous reply--is that true on your systems?

My system is maintaining the *Text size* setting, however!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 12:22pm

NightOwl wrote on Mar 12th, 2008 at 9:32am:
But, my system does not maintain that setting when I go to a new thread--I'm back to the *small* default size responding to this post after I made it larger on a previous reply--is that true on your systems?
My system is maintaining the *Text size* setting, however!

I discovered that you actually have to post the message/reply after resizing the text box.  It seemed to me that it didn't save you settings UNLESS you posted.  Try this:  quote this message, modify box size, add a reply, then post.  Then see if next time it remembers.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Same here. Have to actually post. But my system retains the size setting (which surprised me).

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 9:22am

Ghost4me and Rad

I had already discovered that you had to post with the larger text size in order for it to be retained.  But that was having no effect on the text box size!!!

But, my usual habit is to *Preview* before posting--and that seems to be the problem!!!  Because I just posted to another thread without first previewing and now the box has retained its larger size!

I'll have to see if it continues to remember the new size.

Thanks guys.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print