Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you "image" a computer that won't boot? (Read 6439 times)
cardinal23
Nuclear Grade

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

How do you "image" a computer that won't boot?
May 6th, 2008 at 11:44pm

I have Ghost 2003, 9, 10, 12, Save & Restore and Shadow Desktop 3.

I have a neighbor's computer that won't boot.  I have an external hard drive.  I want to "image" her C: drive before doing a Windows repair.

How can I do this?

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: How do you "image" a computer that won't boot?
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2008 at 7:04am

Cardinal23, using ShadowProtect Desktop, boot into the Recovery Environment (using the CD), and perform an image backup - just like you would do so in Windows.  The interface and menu selections for the tool in the Recovery Environment are the same as those that you normally see while running in Windows.

Important:  Of course, your neighbor will need to purchase a ShadowProtect Desktop license, since you can only use your copy of the product on your own PC.  If necessary, have your neighbor call StorageCraft (801-545-4700) and make the purchase over the telephone, if her or his PC isn't working.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

cardinal23
Nuclear Grade

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: How do you "image" a computer that won't boot?
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2008 at 2:40pm

Yes thanks.  I did that.  It worked like a charm.  (btw: I too have moved ShadowProtect Desktop to the top of my imaging software list.  It restores to different hardware, employs humans for technical support (yes, this is a jab at Symantec), and does the trick described in this email.
thank you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print