Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Image for DOS (Read 7526 times)
gatorgogo
N00b

I Love Radified!

Image for DOS
Jun 4th, 2008 at 6:08am

I found a product called "Image for DOS" - looks like it does what Norton 2003 does... with the DOS boot disk and image creation.  Looks simple enough... price is $30... anyone have any experience with Image for DOS?  I'm having problems with getting Norton 2003 to work on my new Dell D630 Laptop...  Thanks

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Image for DOS
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 7:21am

I use it for restores. I use IFW to create images. Both are reliable.

IP Logged

K Singh
Radmeister

Devil's Paradise

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 11:11am

I would suggest that try Acronis true image home edition if ghost 2003 is not working.

I tried this Image for DOS once, they may have changed it now but this was the strange thing that use to happen.
I had 30GB of C drive with 15GB of data. When i tried creating the image for the C drive, minimum size which it could possibly do was to 15GB i.e. the actual amount of data. If i say no compression it would show the image would occupy 30GB.
I found it rather strange that while compression it should compress the 15GB data and reduce it further. Sad

IP Logged

gatorgogo
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 7:33pm

Purchase a copy of Image for DOS... created the Boot Disk.. started making an image right away... it seems to be a bit slower than Ghost 2003.. but not that much slower.  Seems very easy to use and is very similar to Ghost 2003 .. simple.

The important thing is that it is working.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:30am

Sorry for dredging up old threads, but re-reading this one, I'm curious why ghost 2003 would not, or COULD not, back up a laptop. ???

I've not found any HD that I could not back up when it's running XP (any version).

Qualifier:   Any version of Ghost 2003 before 'Build 793 cannot back up files on a computer with the newer CPU socket types 939 or AM2.
Both are AMD socket types, for the AMD processors.
I have no knowledge of problems with Intel socket types.

But just in general, I back up anything I want to back up with Ghost 2003, build 793. (Except Vista, of course.)

Comments?

Happy Holidays!
Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print