Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help using G 2003 to reuse my hard drives, how to "reclone" (Read 3461 times)
slowlearner
Ex Member

Need help using G 2003 to reuse my hard drives, how to "reclone"
Oct 29th, 2008 at 5:53pm

I can use Ghost 2003 to make a clone on a new hard drive and it will work as my C drive when put  in my system. (Using for full backup of entire system including W2K OS)

Problem is when I try to clone to any of the drives I cloned to before they won't work. ( I want to reuse drives for full backup of current system)

I don't want to buy new hard drives$$ and can't figure out how to make my old hard drives cloneable like a brand new one.

Can anyone help me out with clear instructions on what I need to do to reuse the drives?

Thanks- Slowlearner

IP Logged

wp
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

california

Re: Need help using G 2003 to reuse my hard drives, how to "reclone"
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:05pm

i use qdisk ( part of g3 ) , erd commander ,  or dbanuke to nuke - wipe drives before proceeding with any project.

slow yes

time consuming yes

but ...

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:04pm

wp,

Could I ask why you wipe HDs? I can understand wiping a HD to remove sensitive data if you want to sell/give it away and I can understand zeroing the First Track prior to installing another boot manager. But wiping the remainder of the HD prior to restoring an image or installing an OS just seems like a waste of time for no benefit. I've restored thousands of images and never wiped the HD. No problems.

IP Logged

slowlearner
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:00pm

I ghost onto a hard drive and it works.
Them when I want to ghost onto it again I can't.

I am using ghost to give me a complete backup on another drive.
Put on cable as the slave drive or I can use cable select.
But later if I want to make a new total hard drive backup ghost won't do it. What am I doing wrong?

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 9:06am

@
 slowlearner

Quote:
I am using ghost to give me a complete backup on another drive.
Put on cable as the slave drive or I can use cable select.
But later if I want to make a new total hard drive backup ghost won't do it. What am I doing wrong?

So....more details!

What is the *exact* procedure you are selecting the first time that does work?  Local > Disk > To Disk  or something else?

What procedure do you select when doing the Ghost procedure the second time and it doesn't work?

What exactly happens when it doesn't work--i.e. what isn't working?  error messages?  Ghost freezes?  or .....?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print