Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dealing with backup history....... (Read 5403 times)
tym
N00b

I Love Radified!

Dealing with backup history.......
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:42am

New to this forum but a long time user of Ghost. Finally decided to make the jump from ghost 2003 (wish they would bring back and update!)

In ghost 14 I want to edit the backup history, Delete old backup jobs no longer used or needed. Maybe even edit the name of the backup history itself. Is there a way to do this??

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Dealing with backup history.......
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:33pm

tym,

I found it difficult to do some things from the Ghost menus. I delete old images (recovery points) from Windows Explorer and ignore the Ghost history window. You can certainly delete old backup jobs from Ghost. I'm not sure about editing the names.

IP Logged

tym
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:49pm

I thank ya. Yea I do the same. I am kinda a neat freak and keep my puter organized. I tend to just back up the whole computer when I think it needs done.

Delete the old and replace with the new. I don't schedule backups and such. Thats what I miss about ghost 2003. Just back up the whole harddrive when I am ready for it to be done. Make sure its spyware free and all that good stuff.

2003 just got to be to old I guess, just no longer works right with sp3 and xp.

I am getting to trust 14 now. Chances are I will not go with diffrent or new verson again. Think its time for a external harddrive backup solution. Will deal with that first of year after christmas.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:53pm

tym wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:49pm:
Chances are I will not go with diffrent or new verson again

Of the recent Ghosts (since Ghost 2003), I like Ghost 9 the best. The newer ones didn't add features which I used.

IP Logged

tym
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 5:10pm

Really Ghost 9 ya say?? Can ya tell me why 9??

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 5:19pm

It created and restored images as well as later versions. It was simpler and didn't have menus and dialog boxes which I disliked and didn't use. It didn't call images, "recovery points". I liked the GUI better. It could be incorporated into Reatogo XPE as a plugin so images could be created from the recovery environment and network restores could be done more easily.

Ghost 9 doesn't work with Vista but I don't use Vista.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print