Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NTFS not recognized! (Read 2283 times)
NightHawk
Ex Member

NTFS not recognized!
Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:15am

Hi every one
I’m new to this forum but not to computers, I had formatted HDD and reinstalled almost every version of Windows ever since they were created, But using GHOST is new to me.  Huh
I have tried many booting floppies (win me, win 98, win 98 SE …) to Restore a ghost image back
to HDD, the original image file is on my D drive which is a NTFS and is NOT recognized by any of these DOS s  I burned the ghost image file on  a cd  but still that old DOS thinge could not identifies the CD driver.  Cry
Any kind of help will be appreciated Roll Eyes

merry
Christmas
to all
NightHawk

IP Logged

SloPoke
Gnarly

I Love Radified!

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Re: NTFS not recognized!
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:20pm

You mention DOS and floppies, but this forum deals with Ghost 9 and up, which does not have DOS or boot floppies.  Perhaps you should be looking in the Ghost 2003 forum?

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Re: NTFS not recognized!
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 7:13am

Yes.....DOS cannot SEE an NTFS partition on a Hard Drive.
But that's not important.....what IS important is that Ghost can.

The most popular version of Ghost commonly used from a DOS boot floppy is Ghost 2003, build 793.

If you're using Ghost 8.x, for instance, the Ghost.exe file must be kept on a second disk, because it's too big to fit on the boot disk.

All Ghost versions above that, are just to big to fit on a floppy disk at all and must be run from either a Flash Drive or Cd.

These options are written up extensively in the Ghost 2003 area of this forum.   There are also FREE options, again written up extensively in the Ghost Alternatives area.

So you have unlimited options.....just read and take your pick.

happy Holidays!
The Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print