Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to restore Files and Folders using Save and Restore (Read 1890 times)
MacKenrick
Radmeister

Help Stamp Out & Eradicate
Superfluous Redundancy

California, USA

How to restore Files and Folders using Save and Restore
Dec 14th, 2008 at 10:31pm

I'm new to using Save&Restore and can't figure out how to restore "files and folders".  I was able to restore my C drive from a recovery point I had made with Save&Restore but can't figure out how to restore a backup I made using "Backup Selected Files and Folders".  In S&R I select Recover My Files, Change, View by System, change to my G drive and select the folder that has the backup.  Under File Backup Data, it lists a bunch of files like "fbFiles_00e, etc. but I can't figure out how to restore the entire backup.

Can someone tell me how to restore a backup made using the Files and Folders option.  Thank you.  Mac

-------------------------------------

Update:

I was able to get Norton Support and found out that Norton completely left out the correct instructions for restoring a backup of Files and Folders and has incorrect instrustions listed.
What you have to do is run Recover My Files.  Select File > Import Backup.  Browse to where the backup file is and select it to import.  There is nothing in the instructions about importing the backup file.

MacKenrick

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: How to restore Files and Folders using Save and Restore
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 1:59am

Mac,

Thanks for answering your question. I had no idea. I don't use the Ghost "files and folders" backups.

Quote:
and has incorrect instrustions listed.

Must have been written by the same person who wrote the "Copying a drive" section.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print