Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Norton Ghost 12 SMTP E-Mail Notification Issue (Read 2950 times)
Marc B.
Ex Member

Norton Ghost 12 SMTP E-Mail Notification Issue
Dec 18th, 2008 at 5:35pm

I currently have an installation of Norton Ghost 12 on my parent's computer that I believe I set up to do nightly file backups and weekly system backups.  As with all installations of Norton Ghost, I enabled SMTP email notifications so I could be sure that the backups were working successfully.  Since its my parents computer, there was originally no local email server on the same network, so I initially had it set to relay email via my hosted domain account.  My parent's ISP is Verizon FiOS.  Unfortunately, what seems to be happening is that the emails go out for a few days (I only get some of them), and then somehow the SMTP settings get wiped out from the Norton Ghost configuration (but other settings are kept, such as the nightly and weekly backup config, etc.).  I thought maybe it was an issue with the hosted domain account, so I switched to a local NAS device I have on their network that is capable of relaying emails itself.  Unfortunately, the same problem occurs.  Now I'm thinking the issue might be with Verizon FiOS, but Verizon doesn't seem to block outbound port 25 (i.e. I can telnet to a mail server via port 25 from a computer on the local network).  Additionally, emails from the NAS device (which itself is capable of providing notification and status update emails) don't seem to get through to me either.  However, I'm not sure if this is related to the disappearing SMTP configuration information in Norton Ghost.  Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

- Marc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print