Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trying to find an old game (Read 3775 times)
Eremon1
Dude

I Love Radified!

Trying to find an old game
Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:09pm

I used to play this neat little 2D game where you had a little ship with a selection of weapons. You start off on randomly drawn planets of different sizes in space each with their own gravitation pull. You pick your power and angle then try to shoot the other ships while accounting for the gravity effects of each planet. Your shots also would eat away at the planets you hit, with varying damage depending on which weapon you use.

If anybody knows the name of this game please let me know. And no, it's not Scorched Earth but is similar to it in some ways.

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: Trying to find an old game
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 1:01am

IP Logged

Eremon1
Dude

I Love Radified!

Re: Trying to find an old game
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 2:17am

Here is a quote to the description that person gives which is a much better description than I gave;

Quote:
I've been on and off looking for this for quite some time, I can't recall its name.

Essentially, it's a game that was available on the Amiga, I believe, and possibly PCs, around the early 90's.

The gist of the game was essentially scorched earth (tank v tank v tank etc) or for the newer platers, worms.

The game itself I recall:

o Each player was a space ship
o Turn based
o Large and small planets separating the players

Each planet separating the ships had a gravity field, larger and stronger for the bigger planets, smaller and weaker for the smaller ones.

When it was your turn, you had to adjust your power and angle of shot to use the gravitational pull of the planet to bend your projectile around it and ultimately hit the other player(s) knocking them out of the scenario.

I can't recall if there was a shop system like scorched earth, but I suspect there was.

Can anyone remember the name of this game, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it again, or a re-make if there is one.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately none of the people in that forum have come up with the name of this game.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print