Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem dumping image to Dell 755 (Read 5597 times)
iswandi
N00b

I Love Radified!

Problem dumping image to Dell 755
Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:52pm

I have always face an error 25002 of " An internal inconsistency has been detected...." error when dumping a finalised image to a Dell 755. It always occurred at the last part. I have no problems dumping to other dell models like GX620 and GX280. For your info, I am using PXE aka ghost 8.2. I also did run the integrity check on the finalised image and it was successful. Have anyone encounter this problem before? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

iswandi
N00b

I Love Radified!

Re: Problem dumping image to Dell 755
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:21pm

Thanks evryone for viewing. Not sure whether i have the fix the issue or not. What i did was defrag the source hard disk before dump. booom.. it went thru... anyway, i will monitor and will test a few times. Thanks!

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:14am

Defrag may have fixed the problem.  I'm running Ghost 2003 and have gotten message while attempting to create image that "The image can not be created because the drive is too fragmented. Defrag the drive..."  Maybe Ghost 2003 has an advantage over Ghost 8 in that respect because it lets you know before the image is made.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:24am

Ghost 0r any backup software, works best if the drive being backed up is 100% FREE of errors and is NOT seriously fragmented.

A weekly maintenance routine, including a Defrag, will insure that those problems don't exist when you want to make a Ghost backup.

Just a thought (from personal experience)

Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

iswandi
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2009 at 8:07pm

thanks all. It works good after defragmentation...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print