Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My expierence with Acronis True Image Home 2009 (Read 8773 times)
friendly_jacek
Gnarly

My expierence with Acronis True Image Home 2009
Sep 12th, 2009 at 5:06pm

Hi, I learned all I knew about backups and Ghost 2003 from Rad and his forum. Yet, When I needed a backup solution for Vista, I bought Acronis without consulting this forum first!  Embarrassed

If I did, I would have used the free Clonezilla Live CD. Hopefully, the Acronis $20 rebate will go through and the Acronis experience will be cheap.

Nevertheless, after working with the Acronis product for a few weeks I wrote a review that can be seen here:
http://www1.epinions.com/review/Acronis_TRUE_IMAGE_HOME_2009_DVD_WIN_2000_XP_VIS...

In a nutshell, it works for my Vista laptop but has many problems.
I agree with Rad, there are better (and Cheaper) products out there.

Rad and friends on this forum: thanks for keeping this great forum.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: My expierence with Acronis True Image Home 2009
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 2:40pm

I tried True Image Home 2009. After the first image, it started gaving me errors that I could not resolve, or did not have time to resolve. I forget exactly now what the errors were .. something like 'could not successfully create image" .. or something like that.

Lotsa ppl love it, tho.

I thought about giving it another go using the Boot CD to create the image .. since I prefer that method anyway .. and Acronic (unlike Symantec Ghost 14) lets you *create* images with Boot CDs.

Thankls for the feedback. You really are 'friendly'.

IP Logged

friendly_jacek
Gnarly

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:05pm

Update:
using a bootable CD with up to date Acronis True Image 2009, I made a number of backups and a couple of restores of Vista. I cloned HD once upgrading to larger HD. The only glitch was Acronis made the same size of output partition in the new disk as input partition in the old, smaller disk (Ghost 2003 that I use for XP PCs doesn't limit partition size). But it was easy to adjust the partition size in Vista. That confirms what I wrote in my review: Acronis works if one is careful, uses limited futures, and bootable CD.

I have not tried but, I'm thinking the bootable Acronis CD should not stop one from using it on more that PC.

IP Logged

Tator
Technoluster

I Love Radified!

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:36pm

I'm unsure what version of True Image Seagate DiscWizard is based on, but the boot CD failed to boot on 2 different PCs, freezing after booting to a certain point.  I used the Bart PE plugin to make Bart PE CD from which it booted and worked fine on a half dozen or more backups and restores of different PCs.

IP Logged

friendly_jacek
Gnarly

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 8:22pm

friendly_jacek wrote on Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:05pm:
I'm thinking the bootable Acronis CD should not stop one from using it on more that one PC.

I confirmed that. Used it on 2 PCs already.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print