Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost2003/4 disk backup on multiple CDs but missing CD in sequence (Read 2531 times)
FreddieJay
Ex Member

Ghost2003/4 disk backup on multiple CDs but missing CD in sequence
Jan 23rd, 2010 at 11:41pm

I can not recover my data from a Ghost2003/2004 disk backup of multiple CDs because I am missing one CD. Ghost needs to recover using all CDs in the right order. CD's have .gho files and the recovery mechanism requires each of the .gho files be inserted into the correct order. If one is missing then it will not continue; it can not skip CDs but needs every  CD. Does anyone know how to do disk image recovery when missing one of the CDs ie .gho files?

If there isn't then, is there a work around, is there a utility out there that can read each .gho file? I've tried Ghost Explorer without avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frederick

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost2003/4 disk backup on multiple CDs but missing CD in sequence
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 10:40am

@
FreddieJay

Most folks have this problem when they have the CDs, but one of the Ghost image files is corrupt from the burning process, and can not be read by Ghost--but, the answer is the same--Symantec has never developed a program that allows for *partial* recovery of data from the remaining image files or CDs.

Sorry to say, but there has never been any work around or utility reported that I have seen.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print