Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Product License expired? (Read 6406 times)
Bob Henrick
N00b

I Love Radified!

Lexington, Ky.

Product License expired?
Jan 24th, 2010 at 8:46am

I fired up the computer this morning and got a message saying that my Ghost 10.0 license had expired. Could not run Liveupdate since it told me  I was using a beta copy (I am not, I am using a purchased copy. Redownloaded Liveupdate and same problem still exists. My license key is BRXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY6

Do these ever expire on purchased copies? Do I have to upgrade?

Edited:
(Edited by NightOwl:  Changed the listed license key!  Do you also put your social security number in forums when you ask tax questions?  Just wondering?)

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Product License expired?
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2010 at 10:55am

@
Bob Henrick

Here's one report by someone with a similar problem:

Ghost 10 stopped working "product license expired"- I bought the retail box in 2006

Unfortunately, the original poster never reported back as to the results of any efforts to correct the problem--but, it might point you in the right direction.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Bob Henrick
N00b

I Love Radified!

Lexington, Ky.

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 6:19pm

Thanks for the reply NightOwl. I finally contacted support and allowed a tech there to take my machine over and he was able to fix my problem. It took at least an hour with the tech moving around the insides of  my computer, but I no longer have the problem, and Ghost 10 is working with current updates. BTW, I included my registration number in order to hopefully let you and others know that I wasn't someone with a pirated version looking for free help. Thanks for yours.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 11:40am

@
Bob Henrick

Quote:
I finally contacted support and allowed a tech there to take my machine over and he was able to fix my problem. It took at least an hour with the tech moving around the insides of  my computer, but I no longer have the problem

Yikes--that's a long time!  But glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Quote:
I included my registration number in order to hopefully let you and others know that I wasn't someone with a pirated version looking for free help.

We will mention from time to time when it appears that a member is using a pirated copy of Ghost or using Ghost on more than one machine per license, that the behavior is inappropriate--but, for the most part, we trust that if a person is asking a question, they have a legitimate copy of the program--we're not affiliated with Symantec--so don't require *proof of purchase*, etc..... Wink

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IP Logged

Bob Henrick
N00b

I Love Radified!

Lexington, Ky.

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2010 at 10:31am

NightOwl wrote on Jan 26th, 2010 at 11:40am:
@
Bob Henrick

Quote:
I finally contacted support and allowed a tech there to take my machine over and he was able to fix my problem. It took at least an hour with the tech moving around the insides of  my computer, but I no longer have the problem

Yikes--that's a long time!  But glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Quote:
I included my registration number in order to hopefully let you and others know that I wasn't someone with a pirated version looking for free help.

We will mention from time to time when it appears that a member is using a pirated copy of Ghost or using Ghost on more than one machine per license, that the behavior is inappropriate--but, for the most part, we trust that if a person is asking a question, they have a legitimate copy of the program--we're not affiliated with Symantec--so don't require *proof of purchase*, etc..... Wink

NightOwl, I thought I would come back to you. to let you know that when I fired up the computer this morning my Ghost 10 program (systray icon) is once again telling me that my product license has expired. Can you tell me if it is even possible for a license to expire. version 10 is doing what I want, namely to back up my computer. If it is necessary, I would of course upgrade, but do not want to spend $$ unnecessarily. As far as I know, Ghost is working, but I have not attempted a back up today so do not really know whether it is or not. Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 9:26am

@
Bob Henrick

Quote:
Can you tell me if it is even possible for a license to expire

Sure, a license can be time limited--but, that's not the case for Ghost 10!

Who made your computer system?

Did they include trial versions of various products?

Were any of the trial products by Symantec? 

Symantec will often include trial versions of their products on new systems--often expire after 3 months if you activate them (an example--their Anti-virus programs).

But, they may also have a time limit on that trial wear that after a certain longer time period, if you have not activated the trial wear, then even the trial wear will not be something you can try out because it's too *old*--Symantec may assume it's too old after a year of two.  And, you may be victim of poor software programing by Symantec where that trial wear expiration has *captured* your other fully licensed product!

Quote:
As far as I know, Ghost is working, but I have not attempted a back up today so do not really know whether it is or not.

You would need to test all the Ghost functions to see if the *expired* message has any effect on the normal workings of the Ghost program.  Especially being able to back up the OS partition--and then booting to the installation CD's Recovery Environment and being able to restore it from there.  (If you haven't already tested this in the past--then you need to proceed with caution--one never knows in advance if this will go as planned or not--I always use a spare HDD to do initial testing to make sure all goes as planned before *jumping in with both feet* on my main system  Wink -- just a thought!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print