Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled (Read 7702 times)
Dude

I Love Radified!

Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled
Jan 6th, 2010 at 6:26pm

Anyone knows what this mysterious error message means?  Is there somewhere a legible and accurate help for Ghost 14?  I am trying to use the Symantec manual but find a little help in there.  I am trying to backup to an external Esata drive and have been unable to do it.  Thanks for your help

IP Logged

Dude

I Love Radified!

What drives can be backed up from windows?
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 6:46pm

I have several drives I need to backup:

c:\boot drive
e:\program drive
f:\game drive

Ghost 14 claims that I can back up only from the recovery environment.  Can the c:\ boot drive be backed up from the windows?  Somehow, by lack, the f:\ drive is now backing up. 

I have both the PC and Esata Hd on UPS.  If I did not am I correct assuming that the backup has to be started from scratch?

If I have old backups, no longer needed, should I delete them first?  Some of the backup are also on a network drive.  Should the network backups also be deleted?

Does Symantec provide any free tech support for Ghost 14?
Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 11:38am

@

Quote:
Is there somewhere a legible and accurate help for Ghost 14?

Does Symantec provide any free tech support for Ghost 14?

I did a Google search on *Symantec Support* and found the following:

Norton Support

Welcome to Product Support!  A small link in the lower left corner says *Contact Us*--this takes you here:  Contact Us  Also, you can select Top Tech issues which takes you to a page where you select a product and version to look for Frequently Ask Questions, etc..  Also there is a selection for Error Messages  If your *Error Message* is not listed in the *Top Error Issues* for the product/version you have selected, then you should use the Search function.  This brought up this response for your particular message:  Error: "Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume" when creating a backup using Norton Ghost 14.0

Quote:
Ghost 14 claims that I can back up only from the recovery environment.

You may have misread the User Guide--I believe you have to *restore* the OS partition only from the Recovery Environment, but creating backups should be fine from the Ghost 14 program running under Windows.

I do not use the Windows based Ghost products, so I'm not sure if you are allowed to save a backup to the same partition that you are backing up--or if you must direct the backup to an alternate partition or other backup media.  Using the DOS based Ghost, you have to save your backup to anywhere other than the partition you are backing up!

Quote:
If I did not am I correct assuming that the backup has to be started from scratch?

Not sure I understand the question.  You can create a backup and then create incremental backups after that.  And you can create a one time backup.  Or you can schedule backups--I think you can elect if they will be full, or full with incrementals. 

Each partition has to be backed up as a separate procedure--Windows based Ghost has never allowed *full HDD* (i.e. all partitions at once) backups.

Quote:
If I have old backups, no longer needed, should I delete them first?  Some of the backup are also on a network drive.  Should the network backups also be deleted?

If backups are no longer needed, you can delete them--I think Ghost 14 may have an indexing function where it keeps track of backups--and you can delete them from there so that the index gets updated and knows which backups no longer exist--but, again I'm not sure of that--the manual should give you guidance on that issue.  I have seen some posts here about that function getting *fouled up* and not working correctly--but, I don't know the details!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Joey
Dude

I Love Radified!

Re: Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 5:00pm

I got the same error message today for the first time:

Code:
Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume.
Error E0BB0147: The operation '%1' is not currently enabled for this %2.
Details:
Source: Norton Ghost

The only thing I did different recently was when I did a restore yesterday, I didn't select the option "restore master boot record" which I usually do.

This is using Norton Ghost 15 with Windows 7 Yltimate 64-bit, 2 Internal hard drives and 2 external hard drives.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print