Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 Win XP can't find image (Read 17272 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 2003 Win XP can't find image
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 8:57am

@
2002z06

Quote:
Error message I get when trying to copy image is (40207) Invalid partition offset

This appears to be a new problem.....did you resolve not being able to access the image file on your second SATA HDD?

Based on what you have said previously, you have a system using SATA controllers, it has 2 HDDs--the first is smaller and has the OS on it, and the second is larger and has your Ghost imaged on it.

In the past, you booted to DOS and used Ghost 2003 to create an image of you OS HDD and saved it to the second HDD.

Some questions here:  how are each of the HDDs partitioned--just a single partition on each--or 2 or more--and what file system is present on each partition?

When you created the Ghost image, did you use *Local > Drive > To Image*, or *Local > Partition > To Image* to create the image file?

Did you do a *Local > Check > Image File* (this checks the *Integrity* of the image file) after you created the image file at the time you created it?  If not, can you boot to DOS, open Ghost, and can you do that now--does the HDD get listed in the drop down source box and can you browse to that image file?  Does it pass the Integrity check?

What restore procedure are you using--*Local > Drive > From Image*, or *Local > Partition > From Image*?

If you were able to *see* both HDDs in Ghost when you first created the Ghost image file--has anything *changed* since then--different BIOS settings, HDDs removed and replaced on different connectors, different Ghost 2003 boot disk, ....... other(s)?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print