"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Driver search
Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 11:06pm

@
Prozactive

Quote:
However, I don't think it's switching SATA to PATA (as you stated) to change modes from AHCI to IDE.

I simply quoted the actual documentation!

Quote:
Please note that the readme.txt file is for XCDROM v.2.2, NOT XGCDROM v.2.4 which is the driver included in the zip file.

My *bad*--I looked at the *parent* directory and it had that *readme.txt* file--didn't note the slight naming change!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Prozactive
Gnarly

Reply #16 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 10:22am

NightOwl wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 11:06pm:
Quote:
However, I don't think it's switching SATA to PATA (as you stated) to change modes from AHCI to IDE.

I simply quoted the actual documentation!

I think it's just terminology. Like I said, I'm not familiar at all with SATA since I don't have it and have never used it. But it seems like it can run in various "modes" (?), and apparently these SATA drivers require the conventional IDE mode rather than the AHCI mode, whatever that is. I don't think that's the same as switching from SATA to PATA, as in a converter or equivalent. But I'm not trying to split hairs. I would like to know if they do indeed work with SATA drives, and if the mode switch I mentioned solved the OP's problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Please note that the readme.txt file is for XCDROM v.2.2, NOT XGCDROM v.2.4 which is the driver included in the zip file.

My *bad*--I looked at the *parent* directory and it had that *readme.txt* file--didn't note the slight naming change!

Yeah I did the same thing, and only realized it later on. BTW I have not tested or used the XGCDROM driver at all, only the UIDE driver which works fine with IDE CD/DVD drives albeit with a few quirks which I'll report later on.

IP Logged

proximityinfo3
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 5:32am

This DOS SATA optical drive driver will give you the ability to access files on an optical disc--but, writing an image to an optical disc can only occur if Ghost's built-in optical drive drivers are compatible with your optical drive

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print