Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USB Support - Ghost 11.5 (Read 4958 times)
klerch
Dude

I Love Radified!

USB Support - Ghost 11.5
Mar 23rd, 2010 at 7:34am

This is going to be a stupid question, but only because of Ghost's stupid message:

"Note that selecting USB support may prevent ghost from gaining full access to all attached USB devices"

Before I jump to conclusions, lemme ask. What does checking the "USB Support" box do, and why would it prevent full access to USB devices???? I want to read/write to external USB hard drives, don't I want USB Support?  Undecided

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: USB Support - Ghost 11.5
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 11:45am

@
klerch

Quote:
"Note that selecting USB support may prevent ghost from gaining full access to all attached USB devices"

Where and when do you encounter that message--is this occurring in the Ghost Boot Wizard program?

If the Ghost Boot Wizard--is this adding some additional DOS software to the boot disk or disc?

I don't use Ghost 11.5, but in the past with Ghost 2003, the USB support for Mass Storage Devices would often times knock out support for other USB devices such as USB mouse and keyboards being supported by the BIOS--as soon as the DOS USB drivers where loaded, USB mouse and keyboards became non-functional!

Also, any mention of whether you are selecting USB 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

klerch
Dude

I Love Radified!

Re: USB Support - Ghost 11.5
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 2:48pm

This message is in the boot wizard for 2003 and 11.5, and my assumption is that this checkbox includes drivers for using the created disc on a USB device, but may prevent ghost from using certain USB hard drives, for example. So I shouldn't check this box if I am reading/writing to USB HDs, but I should check this box if my boot disc will be on a USB device and my HDs are internal.

But again, this is just my assumption and I couldn't find any concrete info on what it really means.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print