Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem recognizing NIC driver in ghost bootable image (Read 5428 times)
kmw
N00b

I Love Radified!

India

Problem recognizing NIC driver in ghost bootable image
Apr 2nd, 2010 at 2:33pm

Hello friends,

I am having problem with HP Proliant DL 180 server's NIC card in symantec ghost bootable iso image.

I can successfully add the NIC driver b06nd.inf into the ghost bootable image, but the server does not recognize the driver.

I tried adding the driver separately into a new folder DL180 within the bootable image. but that folder itself is not visible in the command prompt.

Please help me to get this NIC driver working on ghost bootable with network support.

Thank you,

KMW

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Problem recognizing NIC driver in ghost bootable image
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 10:23am

@
kmw

You posted your question in two different forums--in general that's considered poor forum etiquette!

So, I deleted your other posting in the *Norton Ghost 15, 14, 12, 10 & 9* forum because I had to choose one--and you did not identify which version of Ghost you are using!  I can move this topic back to that forum if appropriate!

So, what version of Ghost do you have?

Is your Ghost program installed on the *HP Proliant DL 180 server*?

Most version of retail Ghost are not designed to work properly on systems running server based OSs!

Quote:
in symantec ghost bootable iso image

Are you using Ghost Boot Wizard designed to create a *Custom* boot disc specific to the system you have installed Ghost on?  If so, is this supposed to be a boot disc for booting the Ghost's Recovery Environment (based on WinPE)--and not DOS?

Quote:
I tried adding the driver separately into a new folder DL180 within the bootable image. but that folder itself is not visible in the command prompt.

What *command prompt*--where and when?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

kmw
N00b

I Love Radified!

India

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 5:18am

Sorry for posting my question to two different forums. I didn't know the correct forum for my question.

I am using Symantec Ghost 11.5.

My Ghost program is not installed on the *HP Proliant DL 180 server*,

Yes, I am using Ghost boot wizard to create a ghost bootable image (.iso) and this is supposed to be a boot disc for booting the Ghost's Recovery Environment (based on WinPE).

After boot image completes loading in ghost console, I used command prompt in background to check the IP address by using ipconfig /all, which didn't give me the output of available NIC cards.

I would appreciate if you could guide me step-by-step to get my NIC card recognized.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:56am

@
kmw

This is the correct forum for your question.  Unfortunately, there are not many corporate Ghost users that visit our forums--and fewer yet that are well versed in Ghost and Networking--and I'm also not one of them!

You might get lucky--or you might have better response at the *official* corporate Ghost forum:

Symantec Ghost Solution Suite (GSS) support forum

If you resolve this (and it doesn't come from this forum), you might consider posting a response here to enlighten others!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 3:42pm

@
kmw

Does NetBootDisk allow you to use ghost with your server?

http://netbootdisk.com/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print