Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to mass copy backups with norton ghost? (Read 3014 times)
chobo2
Dude

I Love Radified!

How to mass copy backups with norton ghost?
May 2nd, 2010 at 2:14pm

Hi

I have Norton Ghost and I have 2 drives dedicated to backing up my files. One is an external drive the other is internal.

Now my internal drive has filled up with backups and I now want to copy all those backups to my external drive.

However it seems to want me to do it one by one. Can I do it like a batch or some mass copy so it does one after another so I can say have my computer all night on?

My plan was to fill up my internal drive -> copy it to my external drive -> fill up my external drive -> copy it to my external drive.

Once my external drive would be filled up I then would start deleting the oldest backups but that probably would give me like 6 months of backs that I can back through if I would ever need too.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: How to mass copy backups with norton ghost?
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2010 at 3:57pm

@
chobo2

Which Ghost do you have? I assume it isn't Ghost 2003.

I've never taken any notice of the Ghost history. When I copy backup images I select the lot and use Copy, Paste. Like you, I manually delete the oldest backups.

IP Logged

chobo2
Dude

I Love Radified!

Re: How to mass copy backups with norton ghost?
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2010 at 12:03am

Brian wrote on May 2nd, 2010 at 3:57pm:
@
chobo2

Which Ghost do you have? I assume it isn't Ghost 2003.

I've never taken any notice of the Ghost history. When I copy backup images I select the lot and use Copy, Paste. Like you, I manually delete the oldest backups.

I am using Norton Ghost 15.0 Well I think when you just copy and paste the files normally you lose the pathing link ups.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print