Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Restoring to different HD size (Read 4144 times)
Vanzagar
Ex Member

Restoring to different HD size
May 28th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Hi, I'm new to Norton Ghost 15, I recently bought a 60GB SSD and have been backing it up regularily, well yesterday it crashed after only 2 months.

I wanted to get my system up and running again so I plugged in a 300 GB HD and tried to restore Windows 7, but it failed. The old drive is actually a replacement of my failed 300GB Velociprator drive (yep that's right 2 failed HD's in about 3 months). This drive was still in packaging as it came from WD RMA service center, so it wasn;t even partitioned yet. After I did the restore I noticed only 60GB was used and the other 240GB wasn't partitioned, not sure if this is why things failed.

Any any rate I'd really like to get the 60GB backup from the SSD Ghosted onto my 300GB Velociraptor until I get the SSD RMA's and returned... any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Vanz

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Restoring to different HD size
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2011 at 8:24pm

@
Vanzagar

It should have worked. Can you tell us what you did? Did you partition the new HD prior to restoring the image or did you restore to unallocated space? Which Ghost Options did you choose? What errors do you see now when you try to boot Win7?

How much Free Space did you have in the 60 GB partition on the SSD? Did you have a 100 MB SRP (System Reserved Partition)?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print