Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windows backup error 'Access Denied' (Read 5441 times)
ITTech32
Dude

I Love Radified!

Windows backup error 'Access Denied'
Aug 26th, 2012 at 1:35pm

Hey Everyone,

My computer used to do automatic backup using windows backup feature in Windows Vista Home Premium. Now I'm having the problem with 'Access Denied' It try s to create the shadow copy then i get this error and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. M$ aren't very helpful, and doing a google search it looks like lot of people are having the same problems and no one has a real reason why and what's the cure for it.

I'm a bit worried of loosing my data especially if the OS fails, or the HDD fails on me. Does anyone know the reason or cure for this problem, or does anyone know of any good software that they use that is good for backups?

Thanks.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Windows backup error 'Access Denied'
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 9:41am

@
ITTech32

Quote:
I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. M$ aren't very helpful, and doing a google search it looks like lot of people are having the same problems and no one has a real reason why and what's the cure for it.

Can't help you on that particular problem.....

Quote:
does anyone know of any good software that they use that is good for backups?

Many here would probably say a good *imaging software program*, such as Ghost!

There are many others:  http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_alternatives.htm .  TeraByte and Acronis are often mentioned.

Other *data* backup software that's not *imaging* software might be:  SyncBack Freeware, recommended by Dan Goodell here:  Your favorite freeware?

Also, you could look at :  Karen's Replicator

There's probably many others.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print