Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
creating bootable disk for pulling windows image from remote machine (Read 6648 times)
tejas
N00b

I Love Radified!

India

creating bootable disk for pulling windows image from remote machine
Oct 10th, 2012 at 3:30pm

Hey All... am a new bee to this group. I need your help to find out how can i deploy an Windows image using Norton Ghost.
Firstly and importantly...I want to create a bootable CD (my desktop dosent have FDD) by which I can boot the client desktop and then pull/deploy the windows image from a remote machine.
I have googled a lot to find out a procedure for it, but most of the results says you should have an FDD connected to the system inorder to create the initial boot disk. Please let me know if already a post is available for this solution so i can refer it. I have kept my clients waiting for almost a month as i dont have a solution for this. Please help me out. Thank You  Smiley

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: creating bootable disk for pulling windows image from remote machine
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:01pm

@
tejas

I assume you are using Ghost Solution Suite as it is appropriate for deploying images. The app can create bootable CDs and USB flash drives, DOS or WinPE. You don't need a floppy drive.

IP Logged

tejas
N00b

I Love Radified!

India

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 9:11am

Hey Brian..Thanks for the note.. i am using the ghost solution suite and i did try one option in ghost which asked me to use floppy drive... If you can please let me know what options to select in it i would really appreciate..

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 3:05pm

@
tejas

If I remember correctly it is the Boot Disk Wizard. I don't use GSS although I played with the trial version some time ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print