Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost 15 Hangs at 75% Validating Recovery Point (Read 28006 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 15 Hangs at 75% Validating Recovery Point
Reply #15 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 9:05am

@
lwolff123

lwolff123 wrote on Jan 17th, 2013 at 4:36pm:
I haven't pulled the old pc apart yet as I am still limping it along trying to pull user files from it.

When you get to the point where you can open the cover and look at things inside--it would be interesting to hear the results.

A point of order--if you have recent Ghost image files, you can use the Ghost Explorer program to access files in the image--would save needing to fire up the old system, and transferring files via removable media, etc..

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

lwolff123
Gnarly

Los Angeles

Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:00pm

Brian,

That is probably where I went wrong, not making the partition active.  Learn something new, the hard way i guess.

NightOwl, 

I was able to load my user files from an existing backup.  It wouldn't mount, but I could recover from it

I haven't found an obvious visual problem inside as of yet, but pulling one non-raided drive out that I wanted to use in the new system and running a registry cleaner has solved shutdown issues and a ghost image of the c: drive to a folder on the c: drive actually worked clear through validation.  I tested the drive in the new system as it is the one that was very slow to image and/or copy to, after reformatting it, and it works fine in the new system.  At this point I think it could have been errors on that drive or a port problem on the motherboard.

Another lession learned this weekend (and why I haven't had time to play with old system much).  I purposely waited to activate win7 64 bit on new system to insure all programs would work.  After Adding all programs and user files, went to activate-FAIL.  Three hours on the phone with MS, being passed from "technician" to "technician" , remoteing into computer to no avail.  They offered no option just,  "I am transferring you to someone else", so i hung up and started over, activating as soon as windows loaded.  FUN WEEKEND

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 12:48am

@
lwolff123

This is how I installed and activated Win8 64-bit on a SSD without a previous Windows install present.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1353616159/5#5

Out of interest, a Win8 32-bit install took 7 minutes. I assume a Win7 OS would install with the same method.

IP Logged

lwolff123
Gnarly

Los Angeles

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:06am

Final Note on why Ghost hung at 75% at validating restore point.  All indications are the cause was errors on the drive being written to.  Pulling that drive corrected the problem, and a registry cleaner corrected other startup and shut down issues.  Luckily the restore points on the problem drive could still be accessed and restored from, at least my user files.

Thanks for all the good info.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:50am

@
lwolff123

Thanks for the follow-up and feedback--always nice to have some resolution as to how an issue was resolved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print